Before I show you my table, I thought I'd present the egg and fruit trays we had for Father's Day, because they do have some red, white and blue in them. DIL arranged them for me and I thought they were pretty as well as yummy.
OK, now for a little red, white, and blue at a table for two on the deck.
I don't know why these blueberries look frosted, but they are really blue in real life....must be the reflection of the light???It's a grand old flag!!!


My napkins are these little dish towels made out of muslin. A friend gave me a set of 12 - with different embroidery for each month of the year. I use them for "bibs" for the grandies and napkins for fun events.





Is it unpatriotic to use Italian Countryside as my white dishes???

Or English Spode with pictures of French or Italian castles for my blue dishes?
Or a red plate made in China?
Well, three cheers for the red, white, and blue!!!

Happy 4th of July to you all in advance! Don't forget to stop by Susan's at Between Naps on the Porch and enjoy the Tablescaping party! May God bless our wonderful country. Linda


My napkins are these little dish towels made out of muslin. A friend gave me a set of 12 - with different embroidery for each month of the year. I use them for "bibs" for the grandies and napkins for fun events.






Is it unpatriotic to use Italian Countryside as my white dishes???
Or English Spode with pictures of French or Italian castles for my blue dishes?
Or a red plate made in China?
Well, three cheers for the red, white, and blue!!!
Happy 4th of July to you all in advance! Don't forget to stop by Susan's at Between Naps on the Porch and enjoy the Tablescaping party! May God bless our wonderful country. Linda

38 comments:
Linda you are making my mouth water with that fresh fruit...yummy! I love how you mixed the simple red plates with the more ornate blue plates, yet it goes beautifully with the blue star runner. Very patriotic!
Love it!
Pretty and yummy!
Oh Linda this is so pretty girl...just love it...I did one in red,white and blue for next week...but think might like yours more of the united nations ha ha!! May you have a great day my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
That's really cute, and very patriotic. :)
Beautiful tablescape Linda! Lovely ideas too, I may borrow your egg & fruit idea - it's just too cute for words! Lovely! ♥ Diane
So patriotic even though some from other countries. That is what makes America, America! Very sweet!
Linda !
Your post is so cute about all the plates being from other countries..but, I guess most of us are "mixed" too, right !!!
Love your tablesetting !
Hugs ~ Kammy
Oh what a wonderful patriotic table!!!
Salut Linda! Ah, que tout est très beau...surtout les assiettes! Les couleurs sont si vifs! Vive le bleu, blanc et rouge...oh, pardon... les memes couleurs, mais un pays different! mdr Je crois que ce "tablescape" est mon préféré! Très bien fait, mon amie! A lundi...Debbie
Love the patriotic colors! I'm sure all of our dishes are made in China, too. ;)
You're all set for the 4th!!! Nicely done, wave that flag and enjoy that delicious looking fruit! MMMMmmm, xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet up-north mornings...
It doesn't matter where those plates are from - they're red, white and blue and look terrific. Happy tablescaping - The Tablescaper
Beautiful !! I love it! I love all things Patriotic. The blueberries are yummy looking.. the white look on em adds to the theme.
Debbie
Three cheers for you!! Terrfic Americana Table! Very Festive!
Oh...now I wish I had created a red, white and blue table!!! I feel so un-patriotic!!!
Your table is wonderful and I love the mix of dishes...the Spode is fantastic!!! Everything works together so well and makes such a lovely statement!!! I love it!!!
Happy Tablescape Thursday!!!
XOXO
Cathy
I think you are very patriotic in deed! Your pictures are lovely and the food looks tempting. I also posted a 4th of July table today. Come on over and we'll celebrate together!
Oh, that fruit looks delicioua. Very nice patriotic table.
Beautiful table. This inspires me to set a pretty table for two outside for just my husband and me. Because of you, one of these nice warm days I'm going to do this for us.
That's funny about the mix up about my father and grandfather. I keep laughing about it.
Love your patriotic tablescape. And I had to laugh that all your plates are not American. But then most of us (unless you are American Indian) originally came from other countries. So maybe your plates work after all.
WoW your RW&B has got it goin on! I love all your pretty stuff to put together a tablescape like that!
Have a good rest of the week!
~Really Rainey~
What a beautiful and festive table! The food looks so delicious and fun!
Thanks for sharing!
Tina
That is so cute! I don't know why I completely forgot that we were going to be doing that for Father's Day. My mind was still at the Ritz...
This is so pretty....those deviled eggs look so good...very cute...thanks for sharign.
What a pretty setting out on the porch. Which is about as American as you can get! I love where you put the fruit with the eggs. Thought that was a great idea!
Brenda
Fantastic. I'm feeling very patriotic now! I'm getting great ideas for the 4th!
Christi @ A Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com
What a lovely and festive table...so pretty!!!!
Barb
As I learned in school, American is the great "melting pot", so I think it is appropriate to use plates made in different countries! Everything looks very festive and beautiful!
That is one great table! I love the combo of red, white and blue! So fun!
Linda, I don't know where to start. This whole thing is just perfect! You did a great job. And those spode plates are simply delicious ... I started a blue/white spode collection a few months ago, maybe a year now - I love them. Your thoughtful touch of adding the strawberries and blueberries to complete the red/white/blue theme was brilliant, and the whole thing just screams 4th of July! Great work! Very inspiring!
Very nice!
Great table! The fruit looks delicious..and the napkins are wonderful!
A very sweet setting for 2! Love the fruit!
~Liz
What an adorable table. The napkins that your friend made are darling and the fruit looks delicious.
Linda, what a wonderful tablescape. Your fruit looks so yummy. Love your napkins. Have a super w/k my friend..hugs ~lynne~
Very lovely and festive! :)
So festive! Those towels are soooo cute, and how clever of you to use them for napkins. laurie
Oh Linda,
I want those adorable napkins! your table is lovely. Happy 4th! Cindy
Your table looked Beautiful! I love the dishes and those towels are so cute!
Thanks for coming by my blog and leavin such a nice comment! Hope to see you again!
Post a Comment