
Welcome to Tablescape Thursday, hosted by the gracious Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, where you are sure to find some wonderful ideas for tables and entertaining, as well as Foodie Friday, hosted by Gollum at Designs by Gollum, who always has something delicious cooking.
Recently a wonderful friend and fellow Babe (The BS - Bible Study! Babes) hosted a lovely triple birthday celebration. She has a green thumb, Martha Stewart creativity, and Betty Crocker chef abilities. Let's start with - for the lack of a better term - hors d'oeuvres for our brunch. There are virgin mimosas, fresh lime-squeezed honeydew and kiwi, and a bowl of deep red cherries.
A French blue pitcher with fresh sedem and purple heart (in the wandering jew family).
We enjoyed these treats on her beautiful screened porch. I should have taken a picture, but I was too busy looking at the view of her lovely garden with a water feature! Doesn't that just make you want to sit all day and enjoy?!
My friend and her husband love to start each day with a time of reflection... listening to each other and the Lord. For them it is an outdoor sanctuary! Do you see the dove - at the center bottom of the photo? A friend gave her the dove because she said she sensed the Presence of the Spirit of the Lord.
What a peaceful, tranquil, and beautiful place to start your day! Remember the old hymn "I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses, and the voice I hear falling on my ear, the Son of God discloses. And He walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own. And the joy we share as we tarry there....none other....has ever known."
Oh, yeah, the delicious food! We have some lovely marinated aparagus topped with feta and surrounded by market fresh sliced tomatoes with fragrant basil on a bed of wild field greens.
Coming up are cute little toast squares that look like little baskets - and here's what you do...
First, fill the toast baskets with hard cooked egg in cheese sauce - and then...
Sprinkle with crispy chopped bacon......YUMMO!
It is quite delicious! I'm sorry I didn't take a picture of the wonderful key lime pie we had for dessert.....the perfect ending to a wonderful garden, birthday brunch! We all wanted to invite ourselves back next Tuesday!!! Thanks, Wanda! You are amazing!Be sure and stop by Susan's at Between Naps on the Porch and Gollum's at Designs by Gollum for lots of wonderful ideas and also to see who else is participating.
Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings to you. Linda


40 comments:
Good grief! That was a feast! YUM!
The water feature is so nice. I have always wanted one. The food looks real yummy, too.
Hi Linda,
Thanks for sharing this! The lovely waterfalls and the beautiful table. Calgon take me away! The food is like out of a magazine! Hugs, Cindy
Love the way you related the beautiful water feature to the hymn. Perfect analogy. Oh, and the food looks delicious too. laurie
How very lovely! That is such a gorgeous view! The food sounds wonderful...
Blessings.
What a wonderful time you must have had. The table is gorgeous and the food! You had the most beautiful backyard to look at too! Oh, wish I couldn't have been there!
Be a sweetie,
shelia :)
Lovely table, food, and atmosphere. Thanks for sharing.
~Maryrose
Oh my! I was hungry when I started , now I'm starving!!! The tomatoes and asparagus with Feta, MMMMmmmm. What a lovely time you must have had, Love Tablescapes, xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...Stop in, I'll leave the light on for ya!
How beautiful and soothing to the soul.
I love the vintage china! I love the little baskets, with the egg and cheese. I love to try it! How did she make the baskets? You got me on the waterfall! How did she get you to leave? I bet it makes you want to nap after eating! Just love this!
Linda this is beautiful!
Summer is so wonderful to dine outdoors. It is breathtakingh with the pretty rock garden.
Hey, I want to join this Bible study group. I love Bible study, and I like you girls' style!! Beautiful table, breathtaking scenery, and you know the Lord was smiling!! Thanks so much for sharing. Happy Tablescape Thursday. Hugs!
This all looks so tasty and summery!
I hope there were some leftovers! Chuckle! Very lovely ... TTFN ~ Marydon
Very pretty. I love the waterfall and the food you are making me hungry. Very nice.
stop by and lets have a chat. Follow and see what I'm up to
Yummy! And I love that water feature in the garden. So tranquil!...Christine
SO BEAUTIFUL! And that bowl of honeydew melon and kiwi looks divine! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to include your beautiful water feature in Share a Garden Sunday's at my blog - starting this Sunday. How soothing, tranquil, lovely, inspirational - it'd be a shame not to have you play along! Again - beautiful tablescape, food toO!
Very serine. Made me almost have to run to the lil girls room!
I would love to have friends like that.
Simply beautiful.
TTFN ~~Claudia
Hello!
Very attractive in every way ! How sweet are you to host such a celebration ! I bet your friend was just pleased as punch as we fellow bloggers are to see what you created....Such a lovely setting to Praise and Worship our God !
Hugs ~ Kammy
Very beautiful and the food looked delicious!
XXDenise
Everything looks perfect!
Wow, what a pretty setting, a quite a feast, too!
Hi Linda..
Ohhh..this looks like a lovely party...and the best kind...a Bible Study group!!! Your friend has a spectacular place...the gardens are all sooo beautiful!!! I just can't get over that pretty waterfall...ohhh yes, I can only imagine the peaceful and tranquil sound!!! I seen the little dove...precious!!! Well, not only was the place beautiful but that table looked lovely!!! I love those pretty dishes and that pretty blue vase with the plant!!! Ohhh my...and don't even get me started with all of that scrumptious looking food...mmmmm!!!
Looks like you had a splended party!!! Such a blessing!
Warmest wishes,
Chari
PS...please share my comment with your friend...she did a fabulous job!!!
Oh my -- The food and the setting! This is all wonderful -yum!
What a beautiful garden your friend has and her tablescape and menu were just tooo yummy. It is so wonderful to have such a great friend that can put together such a lovely landscape and tablescape and you have the chance to enjoy both, then add in the great menu and that's perfection. Love it. BTW, as for the Cloche Party a cake and cheese dome counts as well as apothecary jars if you decorate those. So if you would like please join the party with what you have. We would love to see you there. Hugs, Marty PS, Gloria at Happy to Be is going to do a post in advance on how to make a cloche out of regular household items. I can't wait to see that post.
what a nice little gathering!
What a beautiful setting for a wonderful lunch. The table looks great and the food so yummy! That waterfall is amazing!
Linda, thanks for stopping by. You were asking about seagrass & I've never used it as wall to wall flooring, but I've seen it out in some showhouses & it's gorgeous. I love the look & from what I hear it holds up very well to lots of traffic. I do have a seagrass rug in my diningroom & I really like it a lot.
Linda,
What a beautiful setting for your luncheon. The food looks wonderful and your friend’s yard is spectacular!
Cathy
Salut Linda! Que tout a l'air beau et délicieux! Et ta façon de les décrire me donne envie de les goûter! Et le petit ruisseau et la chute d'eau...charmants! A lundi...Debbie
Linda, we, too have a waterfall and pond and I usually have breakfast on the deck looking down on the pond. I may just start going down and sitting on the bench AT the pond to reflect and meditate...thanks for the inspiration! Your celebration must have been wonderful, it sure looks delicious! Hope you'll have a minute to come see my table that I posted. Hugs, Pinky
Linda,
The table setting, the food, and the garden are all so beautiful. I wish our weather would cooperate so that I could set up some luncheons like this.
And thanks for your wonderful comments to me.
Oh Linda I wished I had came here after I ate...this just makes me so hungry...I ♥ that water fall picture and the food WOW!! thanks for sharing your BABES luncheon with us...wished I had been there...May you have a great weekend my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
This post actually made my tummy grumble! YummmO!
I'm am so hungry now! Love that fountain and the yummy pics! You're so lucky to have such a friend. ;-)
I want to come to your next luncheon...everything looks wonderful.
Oh, what a beautiful place for visiting with the Lord. The morning is my time with HIM, too..
the food looks just delicious. I know you had a wonderful time.
O, and it seems lots of ladies had "my" dishes back in the 70's.
I am really enjoying them!
A beautiful table and great looking food!
everything looks and sounds wonderful! I hope you had a happy Foodie Friday and are having a great weekend ~ Susan
The asparagus is a work of art! I loved seeing the photos of the table and the waterfall.
XX 00
Post a Comment