OK, this is the shortest blog ever for me, but I have 2 questions:
1. So many of you are great photographers, so what camera do you like best?
2. Do you (or a friend) have a seagrass rug in your house and (if so) do you like it (or not)?
Thanks in advance for taking the time to comment....I know this isn't a fun or interesting blog.
Have a great Tuesday! Linda
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Good Morning,
I love my Sony Cyber shot, 7.2
I just got it last year and love it
easy to use, get pics. ususally on sale somewhere.
Re: Rug, I wouldnt recommend it, it unravels quickly, as apposoed to Sisal, or faux sisal, which last forever. It also stains easily
kate
First of all, let me just say thank you for the super sweet comment you left on my blog! I'm truly gushing!
Then, about the rug - I don't have and never will. My husband is in the cleaning/restoration business and swears that these jute/sisal/natural fiber rugs are absolutely ruined if they get wet. He said they will mold and smell like a wet dog. Just thought you might want to know a pros opinion.
Pam
I am very interested in the camera recommendations. I am thinking about getting a new camera. I hate the one I have. It eats up batteries and takes forever for the shutter to snap.
Wow! Some pretty great input already on the rug! Does that help you make a decision? I don't know what my kitchen rug is, I think jute, but it's unraveling at 2 corners (as you've seen), and it's from Pottery Barn. I've seen a lot of people that use a Canon Rebel digital. I'd LOVE that!
Hi Linda...as far as photographs go...I'm useless...I have a Canon PowerShot A570IS...just a good, small camera. My hubby is wanting a Canon Rebel XS...(sigh)...maybe someday.
I have no clue about that kind of rug & have wondered how they might hold up outdoors on a covered patio.
See ya after our trip, ;-) Bo
Hi,
I just ordered myself a Nikon D60. Costco is having a great deal on them, with 2 special lenses, but our 2 closest ones were out :( So, the boyfriend found a deal online, I think Ebay. We used to have the Canon Rebel, but it broke on the inside (apparently this is a common problem), so instead of forking over more than $300 for the fix, we're moving to Nikon.
As for the rug, I'd love a natural fiber rug, but I'm afraid my kitties would find it very appealing and would scratch the daylights out of it.
Please let me know about the rug! lol I been thinking of getting one for my Native American room.
I have a Cannon power shot A80, it has a German lens, which is suppose to make better pic. We paid around $600.00 for it. I dropped it the other day, while taking pic of my sheep, the goat was trying to horn me. Hubby like to have a heart attack, over the camera not me. lol I bought both of my girls a Cannon camera just under the one we have and we see no difference. I found a FUJIFILM MX1200 at a garage sale for $1.00, a friend says she has one and it great. I going to see if I can find a memory card for it, so I won't drop our Cannon. lol
Hi Linda,
I have the Canon power shot sx110, it was about $245.00 and it works for my needs. I don't have a grass rug but my sis recently got one. Are you up to something? Just curious. Hugs, Cindy
Hi Linda! I have a Nikon CoolPix for my personal use, because I need it to be EASY! Hubby uses a FujiPro3, but it's super complicated and has all kinds of settings, lenses, etc. I've heard that the Canon Rebel is a great camera, as is the Nikon D60. As far as the rug, I've always wanted one but hesitated because I did not know how it would wear. By the way, stop by when you get a chance, you've been tagged. Kathy
I like any digital camera that is small, easy to use and takes great photos... mine right now is a Sony...
nope.. no seagrass rug... but I'd like one on my porch..
have a happy day!
Beautiful table...food looks awesome! And I LOVE her garden and water feature...WOW! I'm seriously drooling over the water feature! :-) Linda...you asked about what I have on the porch...go to this link and scan about half way down and I explain all about the floor ing on the porch: http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2009/01/welcome-to-porch-and-top-projects-for.html
BTW, I do have a seagrass rug in my Master Bedroom and I LOVE it! If you go to my blog and look on my sidebar, you'll see a pic of my Master BR...just click on that and you can see the rug in that post. Mine is and 8 x 10...they are pretty much indestructable. I'm not sure about most, but mine is not cushy soft...so if you want something really soft underfoot, not sure seagrass is what you want...unless some of them are...mine's not. But I love the look! Thanks for a great TT! Susan
P.S. Yes, we want to see the screened porch, too! :-)
Hi Linda...
Just read the sweet note that you left on my tablescape! Thank you so much for coming by! Since I already commented on your Bible Study party post...I thought I would come to this post to comment!
I was really interested to see what kind of cameras that everyone is using. Since I've begun blogging...I have really developed a love and interest for photography...but alas, I'm so technically challenged I'm afraid to get a camera that is too complex! Hehe! I use a Sony Cyber-shot. It's a very small digital camera...we were wanting something small to take to Europe with us...didn't want anything to big and bulky! I have found that it's a pretty good little camera! At the present it will suffice!
As far as the sisal rug question...
Yes, I do have one and just love it...although, I must admit that I have it in my studio/office and so it doesn't get much wear and tear in that room! I love the looks of it...it has a black and olive green damask design painted on it...it's really pretty!
Hmmm...now I'm wondering why you're asking these questions...have plans? Hehe!
Warmest wishes,
Chari
We have the Nikon D90 and we LOVE it. It is big and expensive but takes great pictures and captures precious moments better than our point & click ever did.
As far as rugs are concerned, I am certainly not an expert, but I think seagrass and sisal are not comfortable. I am looking at 'outdoor' rugs for my kitchen because I am hoping they will hold up better with all the messes the kids make. I felt a rug at target that was pretty soft and it said it was 100% polypropylene. I have no idea what that means but I think I'll try it. Overstock.com has some that I think will work in my kitchen.
Post a Comment