Welcome to another wonderful Metamorphosis Monday, which is hosted by the lovely Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. Be sure to go over to her site and see what she is presenting today, as well as all the other fabulous participants.Debbie at Confessions of a Plate Addict and I spied a pair of French botanical prints at a thrift store. I got the pair for $4.59, knowing that the frames were awful, and the mats were dated and just didn't go in my house.
Fortunately for me, Debbie told me about a site called The Pleasures of Homemaking where Manuela had painted - yes, painted! - the mat of a picture that she bought. So, I got some wallpaint that we had left over in a satin and painted 3 coats.
I sprayed the frames black.

And now I have a pair of simple, yet updated French botanical prints that I love. Still not sure if I'll keep these frames. I think that a rich brown frame with some red in it would be perfect. However, right now I am enjoying the bargain. (By the way, I found another pair of these prints - same frame & mat, but different botanicals all the way across town at GW! Go figure! Only thing is that GW was asking $4.54 for one print. I got it and may go back and get the other.)

Just thought I'd show a 40 year old Ethan Allen 3 tier table we have had in the basement for ages because it just looked sad. Hubby painted it black when he painted the hutch (last Monday's post) and now it looks so good. Looking for a new place for it!
I am amazed at the number of things you can do with paint! But I keep getting these ideas from all of you out in Bloggerville! Be sure and go check out Susan's site at Between Naps on the Porch and you are sure to see some great transformations! Linda
39 comments:
What a great makeover! I love the prints too. You got an awesome deal! Yep, you need to go back to GW to that other print too!!!
Great re-do on that sweet table too. Where are you going to put it??? ☺♥☺ Diane
Your botanical prints are just wonderful. They look so good with the painted mats and frames. The 3 tier stand is also gorgeous painted black. How fun to go shopping with Debbie, she is such a really neat lady. I really like your new found items from GW. Hugs,Marty
Hi Linda...oops, I had to delete my previous attempt at an entry...
goofed up! Hi Linda...Never in a million years would I have thought to paint matting...Your botanicals look so lovely now in their "new" frames and mats...I keep thinking what furniture piece I could paint black, because it makes such a rich difference just like your tier table & hutch...Love them!
;-) Bo
Chere Linda...Enfin les voila!! Qu'elles sont jolies!! Et comme toujours...tu as raison... la table est beaucoup plus belle parce qu'elle est NOIR!! mdr! A bientôt...Debbie
Now THAT is a deal!! They look great and even better because they were such a bargain. Very smart!
What a bargain! I have got to come down and go thrifting with you and Debbie. Yoohoo for black paint. What miracles you can perform with it, huh? Loved the table...can't wait to see how you arrange it. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Barb
I love what you did the botanicals. Amazing what a little paint can do!
amy@maisonbelle.blogspot.com
Paint is my new BFF. Great finds and I love the table.
Linda, what a super idea on painting a mat., I do my frames all the time over with paint., and even rub gold paint on them to distress them., but have never thought of painting the mats! Super makeover! I love it! ~CC Catherine
Hi Linda,
I love your prints and they look great all fresh and painted! That little table now looks so french chic, love it! Cindy
I love both! I have an old planter that with maybe a few coats of paint may make it usable. I'll try it and see. Deb
I love those prints! What a great deal you got on them and the frames look wonderful. Love the little table too, so cute.
~Michelle
The prints are great! and wow...what a difference the paint made!
Susan
What a great transformation -- and all with paint. I love botanicals!
Your pictures look wonderful and I love that little shelf! Great job!!
Great makeover, a little paint goes a long way. Wonderful new treasures you have.
Maryrose
Hi Linda, I really like that old tiered table, though it does not look old anymore. The picture looks pretty amazing after what you have done to it...Christine
What a great idea! I love the black frames as well as the table! A little splash of black look great in any room I think. Thanks for the ideas. Love, Paula
Amazing that paint can change the look of your table and the mat and frame. I think it is wonderful that your husband helps with these project too. Good team! Joyce
Oh Linda I love the print and what you did with the frame and your DH did a wonderful job on the table...YES!! paint is our best friend..great Monday post girl...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
These botanicals are great! You know... if you could find a few more you could create a fantastic gallery wall with them. Very popular wall feature right now!
Victoria: EdinDesign Interiors @ DesignTies
Wow! They are totally different! Manuela is the greatest! She paints everything and has such great idea. The Table looks great too. I got to get off here soon, I going to paint today!
Great job using black! Very impressive! I love botanical prints, too and am hoping to find some decent ones! I'll remember that trick!
Happy Monday!
Paint can change so many things. I have also painted many matts around pics, as I move them to different rooms. Yours turned out great. I love the table.
Linda,
It is so nice to know I am not crazy. I painted a mat recently...yours turned out great!
Thank you so much for stopping by my Met. Mon and your very gracious comments. I really appreciate them. I enjoy all the GW finds and Debbie says you and her have finally found a GW that has some really neat things every once in a while. Good job. Have fun! Hugs, Marty
Linda, I'm late getting here, because of internet problems at my house, but I'm so glad I came over. That botanical turned out so great! When I saw that post where Manuel painted the mat, I was blown away. I would never have thought of doing that! Your little table looks so pretty in black-oh and all of that wonderful display space! laurie
Great way to recycle! I too painted some rose coloured mats from some framed prints I picked up at a garage sale. Now I'm just waiting for it to be warm enough outside to spray paint the frames black.
Wow Linda! Don't you just love finding these like that and fixing them up?! You did a great job! God Bless! Lauralu :)
The black framed prints paired with that table? Sublime.
You and Debbie always find such great bargains. I love those prints and (shh, don't tell my husband the picture framer) they really look good after your makeover. The table looks great too! Kathy
LINDA,WHAT A GREAT MAKE OVER.GOOD BARGANS.HAVE A BLESSED EVENING!
Stop by my blog when you get a chance.. I have something for you! Susan
Linda, that is a great make over.What a good idea. so many would overlook that picture but you had vision and carried it out beautifully, great job.Kathysue
Linda...great idea with painting the mats. I am sure I have thrown a couple out here and there. Hmmmm...to bad! But your painting ideas are great! I love paint too! Woo Hoo!!
Linda... it's taken me a few days to get over to your "place" (yikes!)... I wanted to thank you for dropping in to DesignTies and for leaving such a lovely comment about the family bathroom remodel in our old home. I miss the space! Oh well... we'll remodel the bathroom in this little house soon enough!
Take care!
Victoria: EdinDesign Interiors @ DesignTies
Wow, what a transformation into a classy picture! Well done. Thanks for sharing.
Hi Linda...love your prints and the new updated look! I did that once, too...painted a mat that I didn't like. It is amazing all the things paint will fix right up! :-) Thanks for another great Met Monday! Susan
Post a Comment