So, having been inspired by those of you in blogland who like to "shop" your houses for redecorating, I spied a picture from a trip to Honfleur, France that was in a bathroom and added that. Then a quick trip to the basement netted me an old oak plantstand. My DH added the blue & white lamp from his closet and we were almost ready.
One more thing left to do.....paint the plant stand black! I hope that color never goes out of style in decorating because I love it. Will people look back one day at black furniture and say, "Oh, that was so the early 2000's era!"? I don't know, but I LIKE it! It's so nice to walk in the back entry with a little light on.....makes me feel welcomed!


24 comments:
i LOVE it.
i love little lights ... i use lamps all over my house.
most notable, the one that i use beside my bed on a nightly basis to read my books, magazines -- a stiffel lamp.
one of my most favorite wedding presents from one of my most favorite people!! YOU!
xo
HH
So you pulled out the blue and white lamp huh? I like the size better, but I really liked the other one with the dark shade. Still, it's much cuter than it was!
SALUT MON AMIE! EN FIN!!! Are you public? I need to go check my email! If so, run over to Susan's and click on Mr. Linky for Met Mon...it's not too late!!! Love it...
Debbie
Salut mon amie...Je te remercie pour la visite! C'est toujours un plaisir de trouver ton nom entre les petit mots sur mon blog...ça se traduit?? Blog?...mdr...Tu es sortie au publique?? Il faut...tu es bien prête!!! Bonne journée...Bisous...Debbie
Debbie sent me over to meet you, and I am so glad she did. This is a great transformation of your entry, and amazing that all of these wonderful accessories were just hiding in your house. They sure made a difference in your entry. Debbie's right (even though I can't read French)! You need to link this to Met Mon at Susan's. You can even wait to do the link next Mon., since when you sign up for the link, you click the title of the post, and visitors will come directly to this post. I don't know if that made sense or not. Welcome to Blogland. I'll be adding you to my Blog List. laurie
Welcome to blogland. Debbie sent me over and I'm so glad I came. Your backentry looks so warm and inviting. I love the touch of blue. I agree, I hope black doesn't go out anytime soon, I love the way it grounds a vignette. Have a super Wednesday.
hugs ~lynne~
Love your entry, the light sure makes it very inviting. I am glad Debbie told me about your blog. I also love the pictures especially b/c of where they came from. It brought sweet memories back, as we were dining in a boat along the Seine River last year. You have a lovely home....Christine
WELCOME TO BLOGLAND.I'M ALSO A FRIEND OF DEBBIE'S.I THINK YOU AND DH MADE A WONDERFUL VINYETTE HERE.IT'S FUN DOING THIS ISN'T IT?...ANN
Hi Linda, Deb sent me over and i am glad she did.My name is Kathysue and have grown to love your friend Deb.You have a wonderful backdrop for your blog.As far as I am concerned you can never go wrong with blackand white polk-a-dots,and then add lime green and OH MY!Your little makeover turned out great,I also have a thing for lamps and the purse is to die for. Great Job and welcome to blog land,Kathysue
Hi Linda, came over from Deb's. What a great makeover, it looked nice before but now its fantastic. I agree with you about black furniture, I hope it never goes out of style, but if it does I'll probably still use it! Welcome to blogland, you're in for a lot of fun! Kathy
Welcome to blogland! You are off to a great start - your entry looks wonderful. We've been told you have a great house, so I'm looking forward to lots of pictures. Take care, Sally
Hi Nina,
Welcome to blogging!
It's so nice to "meet" you.
I'm so happy that Debbie has told us about your wonderful blog.
It's just lovely.
You have done a beautiful job on your back hallway. I have always adored twisted Barley style legs. So pretty. The lamp adds a nice warm glow as well.
I hope you can visit mine sometime soon. Please know you're always welcome!
Have a great evening.
~Melissa :)
How amazing that such a few things made such a dramatic difference. This truly is an inviting entry. Thanks for sharing your inspiration. Marty
I love your make over! The metal tins are great! The pic. look so good, as does the shelf! Yes! paint the table, how great this is! Welcome to blogland!
Linda Welcome to blogland...Debbie sent me over and I am so happy she did..I added you to my follow list..great mini redo..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
Hi Linda! our pal Debbie invited me to visit your blog! Congrats on entering the world of near reality! Hope you'll drop by to visit me in French Lique, where there is always a chilled bottle of wine or a warm cup of tea ready for new visitors...
Black and white... my new theme for my office makeover... love your welcoming back door entry... makes me think I'd better get to work at my back door!
welcome once again... blissfully, Dixie
Hello Linda, welcome to Blogland!! I am so excited that you have joined in. I love your mini-makeover, it really does look so welcoming. I cannot wait to visit you again.
Congratulations & welcome to the world of blogging! I found you by way of Debbie. I look forward to reading your posts.
Smiles,
Carol
Hello Linda,
I'm a blogging friend of Debbie! Nice to meet YOU!!! I like your blog!!! HAPPY BLOGGING! CHEERS! Michele
Love the colors on your shelf arrangement. They look so warm, and I have been cold all day. Nothing like in some areas of the country but colder where I am, than is usual for us.
Hi Linda,
Welcome to blogging, I just started myself. I came over from Debbie's blog, and how neat you two can talk back and forth in french. I'm adding to your blog followers,please come by for a visit. Love your make-over above. cindy
Oh Linda! I am so excited! What a wonderful group of blogging friends have come to visit you! You will love their blogs and they are all such special people, too! We can't wait to see more! Hugs...Debbie
Hi Linda,
So glad Debbie told me about your blog...welcome to Blogland! Love your back door entry redo...looks great! Isn't it amazing how light will cozy up a spot! :-) This would be a wonderful Metamorphosis Monday post! If you want more info about Met Monday, just click on the butterfly in my sidebar for the details. I know a lot of folks would love to see this transformation. You could just add the link to this specific post next Monday...good way to draw lots of new visitors to you blog, too. :-) Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful home!
Susan
Welcome Linda to the world of blogging...I'm coming over via Prof. Debbie...You are going to love it here, but beware..it's sooo addictive! LOL...Looking forward to visiting more with you!
Happy days, :-) Bo
Post a Comment