Sunday, March 14, 2010

More Midnight Madness - Yes, I am Crazy!

More Midnight Madness....yes! Only this time I had a partner in crime!

After arriving totally exhaused at daughter's house (to spend the night) at 8:45pm, I announce:
"I'm exhausted! I'm going to bed in 15 minutes!"
Daughter: Me, too. I'm done in!
Me: Oh, let me show you a really cool blog for Before and After pics.....Lindsay at Better After.
D: Wow...look at that bed, and that desk.
Me: Oh, yeah, and look at that chair and that whatchamacallit!
D: Can you believe all the creative people out there!
Me: No, but I am ready to go haul in a bunch of tables, hutches, chairs, paint, etc., and start re-doing!
D: Yikes! It's 12 midnight!
Me: Whhhhaaaaaaat! You mean we've been on the Better After blogsight for 3 hours?!!!!

Good Night!

Next morning....
Both of us said, "I couldn't fall asleep last night....visions of dressers, slipcovers, bookcases and beds were dancing through my head!"

Well, Daughter came up with this idea......one 5 year old vanity bench from Target.....bland color....




One trip to HobLob - $9 for fabric and $6 for trim.....cute bench with new fabric......





becomes sassy and has some attitude with her new trim! Looks like her slip is showing!




One simple monogrammed towel......


.....meets leftover fabric and trim........




And voilĂ ! A midnight inspiration carried out in broad daylight!!!!


I had to find a new home for my thrifty $4 garage sale silver footed tray......here on the dresser in my closet. I know it's not fancy, but it's sentimental - the tall bouquet was carried by a bridesmaid in my daughter's wedding......the small white porcelein flower vase from my favorite aunt....the pewter and blue ring holder from a trip to France, and the clock....see below......


the clock was a $4 GW purchase...love it because it was made in Germany, and you know how punctual the German lifestyle, work ethic, etc., is! Why I need a clock in my closet, I'll never know.....guess I'm a closet "time-a-holic" - there, I said it!


A bouquet of tulips - free - from my basement. I yanked them out of an old tired arrangement and slapped them in a pitcher like you would do with fresh ones.


This beautiful sugar shell with a grape design was given to me recently by a very dear friend who had read my blog about the spoon which was given to my daughter with the same design. I love this design! This spoon belonged to my friend's mother-in-law and I was very touched that she would give it to me. Thanks, Wanda!



OK.....drumroll please. What can I do with 2 of these free drawers??? Now I know there are some amazingly good ideas out there, but I haven't a single one. Help!!!! Do you have an idea for these old, solid wood drawers? Come on, I know you do!!


I am linking up to some great parties. Be sure and drop by each site. These ladies are some very creative hostesses who will have lots of people joining them:

Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for Today's Thrifty Treasures
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday

Linda at Coastal Charm for her Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays

Thanks for stopping by. Have a happy week. Blessings to you. Linda

34 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

Oh gosh I can so relate to jumping on Better After and realizing 3 hours later that I'm still there! I love the cute bench makeover and how you and your daughter added the trim and decorated the monogrammed towels! And your silver footed tray is lovely filled with all of your precious mementos!

Kat :)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Linda! You and Miss M are so smart! I love that sassy re-do...especially the trim! And your clock in a closet...how funny! Did you spring forward? I love that grapey spoon...matches my few pieces of the same pattern. I saw pics of another one in silverplate...Moselle. It's gorgeous! Plus, I lived in Meurthe et Moselle! Maybe they have it at Q of H. I'd better shut up and save some for tomorrow! A demain!...hugs...Debbie

DesignTies said...

Midnight inspiration can keep you awake for hours!! The stool and towels turned out great :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies

Kammy said...

Wow, you were working in the speed of sound to do all that you did !
I love the towels and sweet little stool !
Kammy

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I love how you used the leftover fabric to trim the towels!! And that spoon is beautiful! as for the drawers, I have seen people use them upside down as shelves - good luck

Blondie's Journal said...

Linda~~~

You and your daughter did a fabulous job fixing up the bench and towels and giving the bath a whole new look. I love it.

I am looking at your drawers and I remember a blogger painting a couple of drawers and then attaching casters and wheels to use the drawers for storage under beds. I thought it was a neat idea and I can't remember who it was!! I hope you find a good use for them!

xoxo
Jane

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Linda,
Two heads really can come up with some awesome ideas! Great job on the little bench and towels! I love all your treasures on your silver platter, so charming and lot's of neat memories!
Have a nice week my friend,
Cindy

Atticmag said...

I was just looking at my little stool thinking it needed a facelift! Your projects turned out great. I did a post a couple weeks ago about a man in England that makes furniture out of old drawers. Maybe you can do the same!
Jane T.

Vintage Remixed said...

Hi Nina. It has been a while. I hope you are doing well. Love what you did with the bench.

From the Old InkWell said...

The stool is awesome. Love that trim and the fabric on the towels just sets it off!

Sarah said...

Well, I'd say you two were on a roll. Great little projects that you shared. I love the idea of the tray in the closet. I may just try that. I've nothing to offer as for the drawers, but no doubt some clever person will send you an idea or two.
Thanks for sharing.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The bench turned out amazing and I love that you coordinated the towels too. It's all so pretty. The silver tray vignette is gorgeous. I love it all. I also think a clock in the dressing room is a good thing. lol I hate being late. Beautifully done. Thanks for linking up. I appreciate it. Hugs, Marty

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Great transformations!

Anonymous said...

What a great job you two most talented ones did! Love that fabric and the stool and towels look fantastic!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

xinex said...

Oh that bench and towels are just tooo cute! And I love your vignette too. Now about the drawers, how about just using them for storage and organizers and put them in open shelves? I am sure you will find some good ideas soon...Christine

Lisa said...

What have you done to me? It's bad enough I found all these great blogs (including yours!) through Thrifty Treasures but now you've got me hooked on Better After! I may never get off the computer. :) Love all the makeovers you and your dd did.

Anonymous said...

Great makeover! It all looks so good together.

Laura said...

I love what you did with the silver tray. I have one of those hidden in a cupboard, and you have inspired me to dig it out and do something with it!

vwestermeyer said...

I stumbled onto your blog from another and LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to read more. (and that stool is WONDERFUL)

Marla said...

Your bench makeover and towels is adorable. and you got to love a silver tray that large and for only $4! wow Blessings, Marla

Unknown said...

Hi Linda!
I'm so happy you enjoyed my blog! Nothing is better than learning that other people find inspiration on it. I love your bench and towel makeover! I haven't featured a towel makeover before, but maybe I should!! :)

Lana Kim White Austin said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bench/stool re-do and the towels with the additional fabric! They're full of ZING now!
And I love that you grouped some sentimental items together! They hold dear memories and displayed together create a great vignette!
hugs, Lana

Unknown said...

Oh I just love it when my midnight inspirations come true! Your little bench is adorable. I have my coffee station on a footed silver tray. It just makes the ordinary very extraordinary! :)

Fun!

~Liz

Creations By Cindy said...

I love the redo of the bench! How pretty! Love it! And I adore the clock. Be blessed. Cindy

Judi said...

I love your humor ~ it's nice that dynamic duo is sharing time creating! I love closet display with all the trinkets and treasures. Judi

The Smith Hotel said...

Time flies when you are having fun! Great redos on the bench and towels.

Jody

Anonymous said...

Hi, i love the towels and bench!!What a great job...Kathy

Anonymous said...

I really like all of your coordinating bathroom accessories. The stool looks fantastic and the fabric and trim adds such a beautiful touch to your monogrammed towels. Thanks for sharing.

Miss Janice said...

Love the vignette on the silver tray and those towels are gorgeous!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Linda,
Love your towels all dressed up and that bench makeover is so cute...love the fringe! Thanks for coming to my NTT party...it's always good to see you here:)

Blessings,
Linda

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love, love the flowers in your header......great post.
Hope you will stop by...
I have a fun Giveaway going this week.

Teresa
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Kathysue said...

Linda, I love your midnight shananagins(sp?) The towels and the bench turned out really great. You know we creative types the wheels are alwasys turning. I so enjoyed seeing your comment on my entry post. It is so nice to see your name there, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a very Happy Patty's day, Kathysue

Melissa Miller said...

Everything is really pretty Linda! Love the elegant silver tray. :)

Erin said...

HOw about hanging the drawers on the wall and using as shadow boxes and or storage...I have done this in my craft area and kids rooms