
This is my daughter's basement - bland and empty except for storage. She created a great home office on the other side of this room by shopping her house! I forgot to take a "before " pic, so this is the other side of the room that was done.
By putting together pictures, a clock and some other memorabilia, she jazzed up those blah walls. The topiaries are used on the front porch at Christmas. Why not here during the off season?!

She brought in extra chairs from the dining room, a rug that was no longer being used, and some window treatments from her former house that were just being stored.

Add some tables, pics, CD player, a $8 desk chair from GW, as well as some basket storage bins - another GW bargain at $4, and voilĂ - a home office!

Do you think the 3 year old thinks it's her office? Probably so. Anyway, isn't it amazing what you can do by shopping the house. I love this area - it's cozy, inviting, and maybe inspiring for work!
She brought in extra chairs from the dining room, a rug that was no longer being used, and some window treatments from her former house that were just being stored.
Add some tables, pics, CD player, a $8 desk chair from GW, as well as some basket storage bins - another GW bargain at $4, and voilĂ - a home office!
Do you think the 3 year old thinks it's her office? Probably so. Anyway, isn't it amazing what you can do by shopping the house. I love this area - it's cozy, inviting, and maybe inspiring for work!
Be sure to stop by Susan's for more great ideas! Happy Monday! Linda

17 comments:
Precious 3yo! I never have much luck shopping at our GW. :-/ I'm sure your DD will enjoy the new space!
Hope you'll come see my home this week at AtticMag.
Allison
What a difference! I love what you're daughter's done to the basement! She found some great things at GW too!
Now the little darling in the floor has stolen the show, you know that don't you? ;)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
The space looks great. It's always fun to look around the house and see what we can use in another room. Great on the pocket book too!
Jane
Linda how sweet is that little one...did you get her at GW I want to shop there ha ha!! What an awesome job your daughter did...I love shopping my house the best...Hope you have a GREAT week my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
Oh, look at that blonde cutie on the floor! Great transformation, she will love her space down there! It looks like a beautiful home! Hugs, Cindy
This looks wonderful, Linda! I need to plan a little work in our basement.
What a great transformation. I love that she shopped her house and did this on a budget. But you would never know by looking at it, it looks wonderful. And a walk out basement - I love those. We don't have basements here, which I really miss. Great job. Kathy
What a great room. I love how creative she was by shopping the house and it all looks just gorgeous. Hugs, Marty
amazing!!!
yes, i think the 3 year old has "set up shop!" lol.
Looks great! I need a space like that.
It really did turn out pretty cute, didn't it? : ) Misti and I took the kids down there last week and you would have thought we had turned them loose at Monkey Joes! It was hilarious!
I love how the basement turned out. I wish I had that kind of luck at GW. Ours thinks they are Neiman Marcus or something.
Great transformation, Linda. What is so good about it too is that she found a place to display stuff that are otherwise just stored and collecting dust. The room is very pretty and bright. Cute granddaughter!...Christine
Love what you did for shopping the house and an $8 budget. Beautiful.
What a great difference.
Shopping the house is a great idea.
thanks for stopping by my blog- I enjoyed visiting yours today.
Laura
I love the cabinets...:) You did great! I'm Meme from Screaming Meme! It is so nice to meet you!
She obviously takes after her mother. This looks great! You raised a very clever daughter. laurie
Post a Comment