Saturday, March 9, 2013

Trays, Trays, Trays

What a difference a tray makes!
(Anybody out there remember the old song "What a difference a day makes"?)
Anyway,
recently got a great PB tray and did a wonderful post on it.
She inspired me to get out a forgotten new tray gift
that I received before Christmas.
So.....
here are some vignettes "before" trays and "after" the addition of trays.
I think that trays - be they wicker, silver, metal, etc., add the exclamation point to a bunch of stuff....er, uh, I mean a vignette : )

Before -


After (with my forgotten new tray)



Before


After


Before


After

Before


After


Oops, I forgot the "before"


Before


After

I like having stuff contained - makes it look neater,
don't ya think?

Blessings,
Linda

Joining:
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday

17 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love using trays too Linda!! Loved seeing all these pretty before and afters!! I LOVE that little silver pitcher filled with feathers!
Come on by and enter my giveaway:)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love it. Your trays are all wonderful and I love your vignettes. Hugs, Marty

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

All your vignettes look wonderful with the trays, Linda! You wouldn't think it would make such a difference to the look, but it really does.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blondie's Journal said...

The trays are the perfect thing to "ground" your vignettes. I especially like silver trays. Thanks for the before and afters!

XO,
Jane

Victoria said...

amen to that and you have a nice
collection of trays

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Linda,
Yes...I agree that trays do make a huge difference (maybe I need to get more out around here). I have that same little cloche with the pocket watch in it (ours has my hubs grandfathers watch).

Blessings,
Linda

Sarah said...

Linda, I totally agree. I think containing things on a tray pull it all together. I like to do the same. I think each of these vignettes looks finished within the tray and you get to enjoy all those pretty trays in your home. '-)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Linda, I always use trays and baskets. All your vignettes look great.

Lisa said...

Wow, that is proof positive on what a difference they make. I need to get more of them - I'll tell the hubbie it was your fault :)
Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven.
xo,
Lisa

Becca Bertotti said...

I love having "stuff" contained, too, Linda! What a great collection of trays you have ... they're awesome additions to your lovely vignettes!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Your trays are all perfect for each spot, Linda, and your photos really highlight what a difference they can make! Have a great week...and thanks for the shout out!...hugs...Debbie

Becca Bertotti said...

Hey there ... popping back over to say "thank you" for your kind comments about our Easter tree ... truly appreciate it. :)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Such beautiful tray vignettes, so much inspiration, I also love trays! I specially love the one you forgot the "before", lol.. Love the white flower vase in that one. Have a good week.
FABBY

The Tablescaper said...

wow! Great vignettes and such inspirational before and after shots. I have a pretty decent collection of trays and this just endorses expanding that collection.

- The Tablescaper

Crystal Grandeur said...



Beautiful use of trays..very inspiring post...thank you...:):)

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I cam over from Marty's to see your trays. They all look marvelous. I do a bit of this too. You've shown some great examples of how to do it and how it does improve the overall look of a setting.