Here's the latest living room arrangement....
after 2 different coffee tables
purchased,
purchased,
carted home,
tried out,
returned......
as well as some very good advice from
some thoughtful bloggers.
Oh, and a very good friend who is
a wonderful decorator and
very honest.
(I needed that!)
Here's the "before" of the problem area:
These were the leftover pieces that needed to be arranged.
And now the "after".....
I was tempted to put a secretary on the wall
where the pic is, but elected for more openness.
The table behind the sofa went back to its rightful place - upstairs.
As long as I have traditional, Queen Anne, Chippendale, hodge-podge, etc., I might as
well add Victorian.....
Enter my MIL's Victorian chair (1 of 4 that we have).
Need I say that I am an eclectic decorator?!
What's missing in front of the French doors?
My grandies' table and chairs...sniff sniff....
The area looks so much better and more open without them.
We do have a great (new) play area in the basement for the table & chairs to go.
Hey, if the grandies want to be nearby,
the kitchen table is available for coloring, gluing (did I say that??), etc.
the kitchen table is available for coloring, gluing (did I say that??), etc.
This drop-leaf barley leg table can be opened up
when needed for
projects or meals.
(The walls aren't as yellow as they look!)
Oh, the pictures haven't been moved and won't until
we are SURE things will stay where they are......
well, at least for a few months...LOL.
Until I find a unique, interesting, old
piece of furniture (not shiney) to serve as a
coffee table, place to put your feet, etc.,
the butler's tray will have to stay.
I'm looking for something relaxed to
join in the eclectic mix.
I was even tempted by an old, all-wood
luggate rack....but not big enough.
Any ideas?
Hope your rearranging doesn't take
as long as mine!
We are covered in pollen in Georgia...
how about you.
Oh, maybe that's why my walls look so yellow in the photo!
Blessings,
Linda
Joining:
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monda
The Farmhouse Porch for Cowgirl Up
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
The Farmhouse Porch for Cowgirl Up
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday








16 comments:
Linda, this room is beautiful and begs you to come in and sit a spell.
The changes certainly work well Linda :o)
Love your baskets!
Have agreat weekend.
Rose H
Absolutely beautiful Linda and I LOVE the new arrangement near your bay window!
So pretty and inviting. Jane
I like the changes, Linda! You are so brave to move furniture...mine sits in the same spot forever! I loved the luggage rack. Too bad it was too small. Hoping for lots of rain to wash away all this pollen!...hugs...Debbie
Oh I love your room and I really like the mix of all the furniture. It looks sooooooo pretty. Thanks also for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty
Hi Linda,
I love your room and the drop leave table really caught my eye! I have two blue sofa's and I am always changing out the pillows on them. I like your pillows on your blue sofa the pattern is so pretty.
You have the perfect room to enjoy.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth
The change looks great! The room is so pretty.
Beautiful job. What an inviting room. Robyn
A lovely room. I love the blue and yellow together.
It's so much fun to see your attempts at getting this room rearranged. I have learned how nice small chairs look with big pillows! Curious to know why you are changing your coffee tabe. Do you think it is out of style? The pictures look nice just where they are. Thanks for sharing!
Linda, Loving your new look and arrangement. All good things come to those that wait, right? Thanks for sharing, liz
Linda, the room is very beautiful and inviting.
It is truly such a lovely room Linda! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa
The room is beautiful, warm and inviting. I can't get over how small change made a huge impact. It takes me forever to settle on a room arrangment...so I can understand.
What about using the ottoman as the coffee table?
Sharon @ mrs. hines class
Your room is very welcoming and cozy. I love that you have the different areas for seating. It not only looks good, but would be so practical with company visiting. Have you tried a big low ottoman as a coffee table? Maybe something tufted?
Post a Comment