I have to show you the beautiful subway signs
that my daughter-in-law made recently.
This one was a gift for my daughter.
First she painted green acrylic paint on the canvas.
Next, she used different sizes and styles of letters
from HobLob and stuck on the ones she needed.
Then she painted black on top,
and before everything was completely dry,
she peeled off the letters.
She made the one below for her family
She started with gold acrylic paint,
and then stuck down the various letters.
Next came the top coat of black.
Unfortunately, the letters stayed on too long
and some of the gold peeled off.
No problem....she painted random red
letters to cover up the booboos.
Love it!
I know you've seen these signs a lot,
but I just had to show them off-
they are sooooooo pretty!!!!
Blessings,
Linda
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
It's Overflowing for It's Overflowing with Creativity
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
It's Overflowing for It's Overflowing with Creativity
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday




16 comments:
She did a fabulous job, Linda! I never thought about doing it that way...smart! Happy week!...hugs..Debbie
Hi! I found your blog through Feathered Nest Fridays! I love the subway signs your daughter made! They are really sweet! I wiill be following your blog and looking forward to reading more! Hugs, Leena
How Creative & Clever,
I have a bunch of letters, maybe I will try to do something like that, I have a blank wall that it would be perfect for.... Thanks for sharing, Your dil did a fabulous job~ btw, I hope you will get a chance to stop by My Blog, I'm having a Give-away...
Have a wonderful weekend
Cheryl
Oh Linda, they are just wonderful. I love her sayings. So perfect and both are gorgeous. She really did a wonderful job. Hugs, Marty
Linda,
These are both very pretty...what a great job your daughter did here.
Blessings,
Linda
Wow, Linda! I think I'm going to go hide mine now....lolol! Hers turned out fabulous!!! Very professional looking! :)
xoxo laurie
These are great! And I love what they say, too! :)
makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com
I love this! Everyone should have one hanging in their home!
Love this!
This is the second post today that caught my eye about sub way art, and it is convincing me that I too can do this. Just have to think of what I might want it to say.....
Tell your daughter they are awesome.
~Bliss~
These are just awesome. I've been wanting a subway art in my home. This has inspired me to try it.
Thanks for sharing.
Regina
Hi Linda! Oh, I love these signs and she did such a wonderful job! :)
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)
Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!
HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com
Linda your DIL did an awesome job making those signs!!
How fun!!! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!
Hi Linda, these are wonderful, I'll be featuring this post on VIF tomorrow, thanks so much for joining in! xo
Post a Comment