When we drove by later (and I didn't have my camera!) there were about 10 colorful balloons in the field - drats!
This is the cute tiny town of Pine Mountain. There are several antique shops - ranging from reasonable to "out of my league".

One of my favorite shops is Chanticleer. They specialize in fine (as in expensive) French antiques. I love their cute "très français" sign out front.
They always have gorgeous flower pots outside.

Here are a few fabulous Frenchy furniture items. Love this piece with the French writing and drawing on it.

This 1813 hutch is from Normandy - $4000!

I'd love to have this French bench.

Love the detail on this French cabinet, and how about those super tall green checked candlesticks!

So - what did I get? These old spools. They came from the West Point Mill in West Point, Georgia. The mill used to make textiles, and these were used for the thread to weave sheets.
In fact, one of them still has some thread on it! They were $1 each OR 12 for $9. I had 5 in my hand, not knowing what I would do with them, and Mr. Nest said, "hey, for $4 more you get 12" - did he really say that? I grabbed 7 more! I love the history associated with things like this.

Not sure what I'll do with them.....I'll figure something out (after I check Blogland!).

We had to get some barbecue at the Whistling Pig on the way out.

Mr. Nest had this barbecue with beans, slaw and fried corn! Yummo!

Not sure what I'll do with them.....I'll figure something out (after I check Blogland!).

We had to get some barbecue at the Whistling Pig on the way out.

Mr. Nest had this barbecue with beans, slaw and fried corn! Yummo!
I'm joining:
Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for Today's Thrifty Treasures
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday.
Have a wonderful week! Blessings to you! Linda




21 comments:
Linda I have had so much fun catching up with you this evening.
I loved the Kentucky post and this one is wonderful too!
Looks like a good day and a yummy lunch!
I remember West Point sheets - they always felt so nice! Anxious to see what you do with the spools. I know you will think of something wonderful. Sally
Hi Linda! Looks like you and Mr. Nest had fun! I love your spools!How neat that they have history, too! And thanks for the peek at all of the frenchy antiques! Hey...wasn't there a hutch like the one with the writing on it at the Q of H a while back? Like waaaay back? I did yard work all weekend! Yuck! Happy Labor Day!...hugs...Debbie
I'm in love with those candlesticks and your food looked so good!
Great little town...I did some shopping there a couple of years ago...my daughter found a super cute "PANDA" cookie jar in one of the antique shops...she was in heaven! Thanks for coming to the PARTY!
Blessings,
Linda
We previously lived in Atlanta and we would go to Callaway Gardens
several times a year. We always enjoyed renting bikes and riding through the gardens. There use to be nothing much in downtown Pine Mountain. Glad to see it has been brought back to life.
Hugs, Sherry
Thank you for taking us with you... I LOVE that! and I LOVE the thread spools, I LOVE them as conversation pieces the way you have them, "HOW FUN"... They look like they are enjoying their retirement!
Your lunch does look super yummy!!!
Have a great week, Donna
Looks like a great day Linda!
Boy do I love those spools you found. I think you will come up with lots of ideas!
Hugs,
Cindy
What a beautiful shop! Love the spools, and what a deal. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them. That BBQ plate looks delicious, and I love the name of the restaurant! Kat
Linda, Sounds like a real fun day with the hubs. I love to look in little shops and dream of what I could do with all their mdse. Have fun with your spools- I usually tie them up in a bundle to add in a display. I've used the bigger ones as candle holders.
~ Sue
Hi Linda! Oh, what a precious place to have fun in. The shop looks wonderful! Your barbeque looks so delish too.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;0
What a lovely shop! I'd have been gazing and gasping, too. I've heard that Pine Mountain has some really good shops. Some day, I'll make it over for a tour.
It's so funny you're checking Blogland for inspiration on what to do with the bobbins. I do that, too! Good to know I'm in good company.
Looks like you had a very nice trip!
Wish I lived closer that looks awesome. I just love that rooster sign, I just blogged a few weeks ago about one that I had done for my farmhouse, it turned out great but now I see this one and love that hardware...you should check it out if you get time...I love your blog coming here from Outdoor Wendesdays
It looks like you had a fun trip. Awesome photos.
Joyce M
What a fun day you had girl..I love to go to places like that..Hope you have a GREAT week my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
Oh Linda, that is exactly my kind of place that I enjoy visiting. Nice spools. Thanks for taking us to the antique store!...Christine
I am looking forward to seeing what you choose to do with the spools. I have several but have not quite decided how to display them. I too am looking to blogland for inspiration.
I love the French cabinet! Thanks for the tour of the Chanticleer. Looks like a shop where I could easily get into trouble!
~ Tracy
I think the spools would look nice displayed in an old basket....it looks like you had a nice day!
Post a Comment