Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes

One of my precious grandie girls - 5 year old "E" - spent a few days with us recently. Just one of many conversations:

E - "I miss Gigi" (her great-grandmother -my MIL- who recently passed away).

Me - "Me, too. She was a very special lady."

E- "Does she miss us in Heaven?

Me - (trying to be theologically correct) "Well, she is with God in Heaven. There are no tears or sadness in Heaven, so she is just very happy."

E - "But does she miss us?"

Me - Well, I just know that she is very, very happy and remembers us with happy thoughts, because no one is sad in Heaven.

E - "Nana, I'll miss you one day when you die. "

Me - "Oh, "E", I know, but one day we will all be together in Heaven because we love God."

E - (with tears bubbling in her eyes) "Nana, when you go to Heaven I"ll miss you and I won't be able to come to your house!

Me - (speechless) "Oh, "E".

E - (Still teary) "Nana, will you miss me when you are in Heaven."

Me - (Set aside theology for now) "Yes, E, I'll miss you." Gulp!

E - "Nana, I can do a front flip in the water!"

Oh, my, talk about an abrupt turn in the conversation! Love it, love my grandies. Truthfully, I can't imagine NOT missing them! Enjoy your blessings.....Linda

6 comments:

PAT said...

I love this, Linda! Grandies are fantabulous!!

Kat said...

This is precious Linda. I love the way they can discuss something so sad and serious and once they get the answer they need, they are on to something completely different. She sounds like a sweetie. Kathy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a precious conversation. Aren't children just the greatest things in the whole world? Love it. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

Melanie said...

They are so funny. They go from one thing to another and never miss a beat!

Shane Pollard said...

Hello Linda

I've got two wee granddaughters too and aren't they a joy!

I've just found your lovely blog and I'm going to "follow" you!

Please come and visit me and I'll get the pretty teacups out and make YOU very welcome!

~CC Catherine said...

Linda, I love this story.....totally so adorable! My little neighbor girl used to come over for tea when she turned 3. When she was about 5, she told me one day that her Grandmother moves furniture in heaven (when it storms). I've never forgotten that story...Children are precious! I love it! ~CC Catherine Thanks for sharing this loving moment with your grandie! :)