Sunday, May 9, 2010

Frenchie Toile Bathroom

I'm featuring my daughter's makover of her downstairs bath - Frenchie style!
First, she painted the walls a richer, deeper tan color.


Then she used her toile shower curtain.

She got this adorable "Le Bain" towel holder at HobLob for 50% off.


Note the iron table and black iron wall thingey. She used her French "Gabrielle Salon de Beauté" sign.




The tall ceilings allowed her to hang another French sign above the shower curtain.


I love the little black shelf and the pot (found in her basement). Basically she just shopped the house to redo this bathroom. I love it, 'cause when we spend the night there, this is our bathroom!!


I found this little girl at GW for $1.50.....she looks "at home" in my black and white toile grandie bedroom - especially with her sunflower.

Love this nice sized scrolly mirror (GW $2.50).

I cleaned it and hung it in my closet with an open-weave burlap tie. Love it. Now maybe I'll put on my lipstick BEFORE I leave home!



I'm joining the following parties:

Met Monday, hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch
Today's Thrifty Treasures, hosted by Rhoda at Southern Hospitality
Tabletop Tuesday, hosted by Marty at A Stroll Thru Life
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, hosted by Linda at Coastal Charm
Be sure to stop by those sites for some great ideas and bargain shopping results.

Blessings to you this week. Linda

35 comments:

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Tres jolie! Very nicely done! Lucky you that this is your bathroom when you visit!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow, Linda...Miss M did a fabulous job! I love the toile and how fun that it gets to be yours when you visit! Your little sunflower girl is a cutie and your scrolled mirror looks great with the juste bow! But...put lipstick on somewhere besides the car...that would be hard for me to do! lol Happy Mothers Day!...hugs...Debbie

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin said...

Oh wow! Very, very nicely done! I *love* shopping at home & HL's sales & coupons. You & your daughter did well. . .you both have a great eye for design.

Happy Mom's Day!

PAT said...

Linda this is so beautiful! Every detail is perfection!

Happy Mother's Day!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Linda,
Your daughter's bathroom redo is very nice! I love that shower curtain and the cute little wire shelf thingy and iron table below. Happy Mothers Day to you my friend!
Cindy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Linda, the bathroom is just gorgeous. I love it. Such cute accessories and the wall color is wonderful too. It really is just gorgeous. Your mirror is fabulous too. I never remember lipstick until I start to get out of the car. lol I guess I need to put a mirror in the closet. Hope you have a very Blessed Mother's Day. Hugs, Marty

Blondie's Journal said...

Beautiful. Your daughter did a great job transforming her bathroom. I love the shower curtain and the cute black thingy on the toilet! ;-D

Happy Mother's Day, Linda!!

xoxo
Jane

Unknown said...

Wonderful job on the bathroom! It is beautiful, I also loved her laundry room, I might actually like doing laundry in there. Great job on the cloche. Thanks for showing.
Sandy

Hollace said...

This is so surprising to see because I have a French black toile bathroom too, with exactly the same fabric for a shower curtain, only I made mine. I also accented it with black and white gingham--but I used black and white plates on the walls to decorate them.

Melanie said...

What a beautiful bathroom. I love toile and the bathroom is delightful!

Just stopping by from Met Monday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda! This is gorgeous. You two make a great pair! Love the look.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Angie said...

I love everything in this adorable bathroom, especially the toile shower curtain!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

What a nice bathroom! I love that shower curtain and the burlap tie is genius!! She did a great job. :) Thanks for the visit!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Very nice bathroom. Love toile anything and that iron towel thingy is great.

Sarah said...

Linda, thanks for sharing this redo. Your daughter did a fab job. Love the black/white toile with the tan walls. What a difference in the look of this bathroom! Aren't you the lucky one to get to enjoy it. :-)

xinex said...

Oh how pretty! Your daughter did a great job, Linda. Love the French style!...Christine

Unknown said...

love the toile bathroom. I like the shelf thingy on the toilet , great idea.

Stacey said...

I love it! Your GW finds are amazing.

Ms. Bake-it said...

Love the bathroom! Great GW finds!

~ Tracy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I really like this bathroom. She did a wonderful job. Thanks so much for sharing and linking to the party. Hope your week is a super one. Hugs, Marty

The Charm of Home said...

Really pretty! I love the black and white with the wall color.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love it! Just my style. She did a beautiful job with that bathroom!

Manuela

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love black and white toile in a bathroom! My Mom had it in her previous home and she just loved it {I did,too}!

Sandi (Meme) said...

The bathroom turned out great, and in the right price range too! If you have a chance, stop by and look at my seascape mantle. Have a blessed week!

Nicole A. said...

It's Beautiful!!! Love love love it!! I am a long time lover of toile, love it!! She did an awesome job and I love the wall color!!

Love your blog and am following now!

Thanks for stoppin over to see me :)

Natasha in Oz said...

Thank you so much for posting these great pictures! I love all of the ideas in this lovely bathroom, especially the sign near the towel rack.

Best wishes and happy week,
Natasha.

Creations By Cindy said...

Love your bathroom! Love the colors and everything. And oh I am so glad you posted the box thingy you have on the back of your toliet to hold other items. I needed an idea for my guest bath. Thanks for sharing. Be blessed. Cindy

Decor To Adore said...

A truly beautiful bath!

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Hi, Your daughter did a lovely, job, I can see she has your talent. I love how she added so many details in this room. It really is quite charming. I love it!
Hugz,
Kim

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Hi Linda, Thank you for visiting and leaving your kind comment. I had to peek at your bathroom again, so lovely.
Hugz,
Kim

Lara Harris said...

So pretty! :)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Luv her black and white bath...also luv your PRETTY mirror! Thanks for coming to NTT!

Blessings,
Linda

Cstargel said...

oh I love it!! I'm excited to see it this month in person at birthday club!!! Yeah! Hope you are doing well!

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful! I love toile.
I would love if you link this in my French Obsession party link the 1st of June!
Thank you for your visit!
Following you back :)
XOXO
Frenchy

Marie said...

Hello sweet Linda - I'm your newest and 200th follower of your fabulous blog via Met Monday (catching up from last week!). Love your daughter's bathroom makeover. The French-inspired touches are so pretty! I especially love the shower curtain. Great job!

Thank you for sharing. I'd love for you to come by for a visit - having a giveaway!
http://emmacallsmemama.com/2010/05/bff-giveaway/

Blessings,
Marie