
First she painted the room green. Then she found a black gingham scrap of fabric and some green ball fringe in her fabric stash and made a cute valance for the door.

Next she took HL letters and taped some scrapbook paper on each letter (that way she can easily change out the pattern if she wants). The frame below is one she was not using. It had places for nine pictures, but she framed more scrapbook paper.

The old mirror was in her basement (from Grandma). Great idea to put up a tension rod for things that need to drip dry.

The plate rack is being used to hold old tiles.
On the opposite wall are wine prints (free, I wasn't using them any more....but why????)and a black iron basket.
This room is sooooooo cute and cheery......makes me want to go home and redo my own laundry room! Everything (except the letters and scrapbook paper) was recycled from the house or the basement!!!! Free!I'm joining the following wonderful parties hosted by:
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for Today's Thrifty Treasures
Linda at Coastal Charm for Thrifty Nifty Tuesday
Happy Monday! Blessings to you, Linda


36 comments:
Linda...
Your daughters Laundry room make-0ver is stunning...
She'll have clean cloths for sure now...
I'd always want to be in there!
Very nice...
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...
A very nice redo! Thanks for posting the inspiring pix!
Vera
Linda!!! Is this not the cutest room ever! Your DD is a chip off the old (young) block...so very creative! Love it!! Now I need to redo MINE...more like actually do it! lol Happy weekend...hugs...Debbie
Hasn't it turned out well! Love the colour of the walls. Your Daughter is very creative, makes me want to grab a paint brush and improve my laundry room too.
The laundry makeover is beautiful, Linda. I love that clever idea of taping the paper to the letters!
Thank you so much for your comment at Rhoda's. It made my day.:-)
Oh, what a lovely laundry room. I think she did a wonderful job.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
That's just about the most charming laundry room I've ever seen. Thanks for inspiring us!
What a cheerful place to do laundry. Love it! laurie
She did a great job Linda!
Kudos to your daughter. It's bright, cheery and fun!
Now, I could almost want to do some laundry. Well, almost! hehe.
Have a great week,
Cindy
Your daughters laundry room looks fantastic....Kathy
How cute that is with all her great finds! And it totally reminds me of my laundryroom, so I appreciate that green paint. Cheers up a space like no other.
Your daughter's new laundry room is fantastic! She did a great job!
The colors green and black together just make me smile!
It's great! I love all of the little details. If my laundry room was this nice instead of the dungeon that it is, I would like to do laundry a lot more. ;)
This totally makes me want to re-do my laundry room! Thanks for sharing...your ideas are so inspiring! Have a great day :)
Linda, this is a charming laundry room. Yes, I'd like doing laundry in a cute place such as this. Love all the details, but the rod for hanging things to dry is a super idea. I'm going to see if that will work in my space. :-)
I am having serious laundry room envy after seeing this. The garage just does not cut it for having a fun place to do clothes washing! She did a great job.
Please stop by and say hello!
Jane T.
The laundry room of my dreams!
Dena
sweet pickles and chocolate
That looks great! I have been wanting to redo my laundry room too.
Thanks for stopping by!
i love it!!!! So cute!
oh this is right up my alley. Love the colors . And how i want a sink in my room.. Would help to wash the lil dogs... Cute room1 mishelle
I love her laundry re-do and it reminds me of Rhoda's, with the wonderful vivid green and black and white!
Hugs, Lana
I love the cut out letters...so cute!
Alyssa
Lifeoflyssie.com
I love laundry room makeovers! Maybe a bit odd but I have a torn-up basement right now that has me dreaming about my own - future - lovely laundry room! Seeing lovely spaces like this one gives me great ideas. Thanks!
Victoria @ DesignTies
Kudos to your talented daughter! Very cute and charming!
Scribbler
http://scribbler-unfocused.typepad.com
I wish my laundry room looked half as good as this! I'm no where near this - lol! Coming over from BNOTP and a happy new follower!
Jeanine
Cuteness! Thanks for some inspiration!
That looks great! She did a wonderful job!
Awesome job!! Wish I had a laundry room to redo!!
Stopping by from NTT.
*hugs*deb
I love the apple green with the black and white accents. The collage frame filled with scrapbook paper is brilliant. Great room, but having those sweet smocked outfits again is what would inspire me to do laundry :)
Your laundry room is absolutely gorgeous!!
Oh my goodness! I love her laundry room! If my laundry room looked like that I might actually want to wash clothes! Love it! The colors, the decor she used...She really done an awesome job. Thanks for sharing this. I am bookmarking this one! May be a future project!!! Be blessed. Happy NTT. Cindy
Found you on NTT. So, so cute! What a clever, creative use for all of those found things. I really love the iron baskets on the wall, and the rod to hang things, so handy. My laundry is in a dark scary old basement. How I would love a laundry room like your daughters!
Very cute redo! Great ideas!
thanks for sharing,
Jody
stopping over from NTT
oh, I dream of redoing my laundry room...but it's going to need much more than a can of paint and some cute accessories...it's almost a tear down...
http://chambersmade.blogspot.com/2010/04/oopsturnedawesome.html
Linda,
Your daughter did an awesome job on the room...it's sooooo CUTE! HAPPY NNT!
Blessings,
Linda
Oh how pretty, Linda! I woldn't mind doing laundry if mine looked like that!...Christine
Post a Comment