Sunday, September 6, 2009

There's Fall in the air!

Happy Labor Day Weekend! I wanted to bring a little Fall into the house, so this will be a Met Monday with some Thrifty Finds! A big THANKS to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch and Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for hosting these parties so faithfully and beautifully. Be sure to stop by their sites for some great ideas.



Welcome to the back door. Found this little fall thingey at 90% off last year. I love bringing more reds, oranges, browns, and feathers into the house!

Found this little urn at GW and added a leafy spray I got last year - again 90% off!


Also found this $2 pedestal at GW, spray painted it black - and love it.


Here's my spring/kitchen counter top - lots of greens and blues.

(why didn't I take the dishcloth off the sink?)


Now, I'm not sure yet, but I'm experimenting with the reds, etc. Maybe this?

Or this?

Or this?


Or this?

Anyway, it's a continuing progress. I'll figure it out soon ????###!!!!
Have a great Sunday and Monday. Be sure to stop by Susan's and Rhoda's.
Blessings to you! Linda

30 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Salut mon amie!! C'est moi la première! J'adore tout ce que tu as fait pour décorer en préparation pour l'automne! Je n'ai pas vu le truc noir avec les pommes. Mignon! Je préfère le look de l'assiette et les livres, je crois, mais tous les looks sont beaux! J'espère que tu passes un bon weekend!...Debbie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love all of it. The colors and the feathers. Such wonderful finds, and you have them displayed so beautifully. I think all of the kitchen counter displays are perfect. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Donna said...

I like the last one with the plate and stacked books. But all are pretty.

D

Denise said...

I love the idea of painting the pedestal bowl black. GW is having 1/2 off tomorrow, I think I will go and look for one!

All of the fall counterscapes (my new word!) look great!

XXDenise

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Linda,
Very pretty indeed! I love your kitchen and they all look nice, maybe you'll just have to change it every week! hehe. Great finds too! hugs, Cindy

Four Paws and Co said...

Don't you just love an awesome bargain! They're beautiful! Love the red in the kitchen too! ☺ Diane

Pearl Maple said...

You do have an eye for artfully combining a bargains with style. Thanks for sharing the inspiration with us.

Lori said...

I do LOVE red accents in any room. Well done!!

Caro said...

GOTTA be the first one! Love it!!

tu parles francais? where are you from?

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did great for 90% off and you got some very pretty things. Your dish cloth on the sink - thats real life. :-)

xinex said...

I like them all, Linda, but I like the last picture the best for the counter. I really like fall colors, so warm...Christine

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

I love that black bowl!

Sherrie said...

Love all the Goodwill finds! The red accents are so eye catching I really like them!

Signing Out said...

Great deals! Love your fall decorations. I like the look in the last photo best.

Jane

Anonymous said...

What a great fall look! I love the black pedestal bowl. You will find lots of uses for it, I am sure.

Thanks for sharing and have a great Monday.

Charla

K@The Thrifty Teacher said...

Add me to the "like the last one" list. Lovely! I have been looking for a container like yours with the apples since you originally posted it. Love it!

nannykim said...

Nice...I like all those warm colors. I also like the way you painted that apple holder black--so nice.

nannykim said...

oops my met post is found at my spindlecottage.blogspot.com

Jane said...

I like your fall decorations and your thrifty shopping!! I too like the last picture the best for your kitchen counter. Love the fall colors!

ImagineCozy said...

I love touches of red. Your last picture would be nmy vote. The books witht the candle and the plate --- looks great!
-Angela

nannykim said...

Thanks for your advice on my corner shelving area--I was thinking the same thing. It needed some color and less collections. I am working on it. I also moved the big arrangement off of the table. I put some punches of orange in the shelving area--still working on it....If I get it more to my liking I will post pics ;-)

(Hey if you change your comment settings to "anyone" you can allow direct links to individual blogs--I may have told you this--

http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

It all looks beautiful and SO Fall! The black fruit bowl really caught my eye. You are good clear through until December! Good JOB! :)

Sue said...

I like the counter vignette where you have used the books to add height to your plate. I have two possible suggestions- perhaps use a shorter candlestick so it wouldn't block the front of your pretty plate and add another small item (silver cup, one dried flower, or some other kind of small chotsky) to make an odd number of items. I think it could only enhance what you have already done. Like the reds paired against the green.
Your finds of the urn and the pedestal bowl are nicely accented with the flowers and the apples, respectively. Nice GW finds- ours seems to have nice things only once in a blue moon...LOL
:-)Sue

nannykim said...

Its me again. I made some changes to the table and the shelving and added them to the bottom of the post. see here:

http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com/2009/09/transforming-for-fall.html

Alicia said...

I really like the 2nd one with the fruit in the glass canister. Just lovely, but they are all very nice.

Embellished Bayou said...

What great thrifty finds! I love the vignette in the last photo.

Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog!

Gail said...

Love...Love...Love your blog! You are so creative and talented. I'll be following your creativity.

Quiltpiecer said...

I like the last one, too, but agree that the candlestick hides the pretty picture. Love the black pedestal bowl with the apples.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Coucou!! Je passe chez toi pour regarder les petites boîtes!! Merci! Merci!!!!!!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Linda, I agree with Debbie...love the last one with the books best...but truly they are all beautiful! You always find the best deals...beautiful Autumn decor! :-)
Susan