Friday, June 15, 2012

French Tray & Book & Pillow with Zipper

I finally used a French label from the
Graphics Fairy!
Also I made an easy pillow with zipper,
and I got a sweet gift from my SIL.
First, the tray was originally blue and yellow,
and I spray painted it Heirloom White
a couple of years ago.
Boring.


I didn't have any matte Mod-Podge,
so I used a mix of half glue and half water
to attach the graphic
(which was printed out on my laser printer).
Then I went over the tray with a little
ASCP - French Linen
to distress it a little.
I finished up with a light cover of
glossy Mod-Podge.

I kinda like it.


I've made pillows for years and usually end up
stitching the opening closed.
I decided to try adding a zipper.
It was easy....don't know why I've never done it before.
Kathleen gives a wonderful tutorial on adding a zipper to a pillow.
Check out her site for easy directions.


Here's the back.
See how nice & neat the zipper looks.
You can still use both sides of the pillow.

My sister-in-law recently gave me the most adorable
old French/English book.
My MIL read it to her when she was a little girl.
It was printed in 1934.
I love its old time-worn exterior
Notice each line of the story is in French
with English underneath.
Charming illustrations.

That was so thoughtful of her to give it to me.
My SIL knows my love for all things French!
Blessings to you.
Linda

Joining:
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday

5 comments:

Hollace said...

Both the tray and the pillow are beautiful! I love the striped fabric you chose for the pillow, and the zipper looks great!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Linda that tray looks fabulous!! Love the pillow too!

Anne said...

Nice job on your tray and your pillow looks store bought.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your tray and your pillow, both are so pretty. I havn't done a zipper on a pillow either, I have to give this a try. Thanks. Hugs, Marty

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love your tray redo, Linda, and your pillow looks great. I usually sew mine closed as well. The idea of adding a zipper seems a bit scary to me, but if you say it's easy . . . : ) What a great book! I have a little French grammar book that I bought off Ebay years ago and I keep it out on display. Every so often I look through it and the pieces of paper that were put in there by previous owners {usually notes as to grammar usage}.