I got this little chest
at a garage sale a couple of years ago
for $10
Sorry about the angle on this old pic......
for some reason I thought that taking a picture
this way was artistic.....whaaaat?
First, I sanded the dull top of the chest
and then went over it with
Minwax dark walnut stain.
Next, I got a small sample jar of ASChalk Paint in Old White
and painted the whole piece.
Then I painted the drawers with French Linen.
Wasn't sure if I was liking the contrast,
so I went over it with some more Old White.
Still thinking I might be happier with just all
Old White and a little distressing.
I'm working on my technique
with this paint.
Although I will say it goes on soooooo easily!
Love the way the handles look.
I applied some clear Minwax finishing wax.
I think I'll live with it a little while before
add more Old White paint.
There she is.
I do like the painted look much better than the faded stain.
What have you painted lately?
Blessings,
Linda
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
The Farmhouse Porch for Cowgirl Up
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Miss Mustard Seed for Furniture Link Friday
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
The Farmhouse Porch for Cowgirl Up
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Miss Mustard Seed for Furniture Link Friday





12 comments:
Linda...it looks great! I like the two shades and that the top is stained. The pulls are fabulous! :)
XO,
Jane
Those pulls are GORGEOUS, Nina. Love the redo.
Have a great eve ~
TTFN ~
Marydon
That is really lovely Linda!
You know that has such a unique look too it and what a deal/steal you got!
I think you look pretty expert at this chalk paint already!
Hugs,
Cindy
Hi Linda...What a deal! And those handles...so pretty! I agree with Cindy...you did a fabulous job! Have a great weekend!...hugs...Debbie
Linda it looks great! Love those handles!!
Love your table. You did a great job!
So Pretty, Nina. I love that you left the top wood.....nice accent for the white.
Im now following you. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com. THANKS!!!
Nina, It is an adorable piece and I love the finish! Thanks for joining the Open House party.
I havn't painted anything. I love your little chest, what a great piece. I like it white too and the handles really are pretty I like the top left stained. Looks fabulous. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty
Oh my what an improvement! The handles are so charming. I am painting my kitchen cabinets with a homemade chalk paint right now. It does go on smoothly with no brush strokes.
Hugs,
Susan and Bentley
Love this chest. You did a great job and what a difference. I follow your blog but I saw you on Cowgirl Up party. Check me out.
Cynthia
Just read that you are a grandparent! Well please stop by for a visit, I have a grandparents blogger directory, a grandparents blogger link up on Saturdays, and a project link up on Wednesdays! So glad I found you!
Post a Comment