Did you ever have plans for one room
that ended up in another?
I love my deep red and green in my bedroom
in the fall and winter, but I thought it would be
nice to have a lighter look in the bedroom
for summer.
So one year ago.... Yes, one year ago,
I made these 2 pillows and found 2
bird prints that would be part of the
lighter, cooler bedroom for summer.
However,
they ended up in the dining room....
a perfect match with the wall color....
The bird prints balanced
each other on either side of the
vaisselier.
(BTW, almost all my white dishes, etc.,
were collected over time from GW!)
This cabinet was shoved to the right a little bit,
with another pillow added.
The black and white pencil drawings were done
by my daughter about 15 years ago.
All of the blue-green hydrangeas were dried
from my garden last year and placed in this GW basket....long and low.
I like centering the picture arrangement over the chair
and chest combined, rather than just the chest.
Good thinking, Daughter!
(Yes, there are 3 different styles of chairs in the dining room.
There is a story why.
I'm glad variety is popular right now 'cause we have that!)
I love bird cages!
This one is flanked by a pair of candle holders
that my grandmother gave us for our wedding 43 years ago!
I painted them Heirloom White last year while in a painting frenzy : )
My antique box from old closet shelving
made it to the dining room.
And it all started when daughter suggested that
we add a pillow to the chair!
Thanks, Daughter, for another redo -
I love everything you did!
Guess that nixes the plan for a summer bedroom,
but, hey, the pillows and pictures had
been gathering dust in a closet
for a year!
Do you ever have a plan take
an abrupt hard right and morph into
something you hadn't planned....
and yet, you like it - maybe even better?!
Blessings to you,
Linda
Joining:
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monda
Thrifty Decor Chick for Show Us Your House
The Farmhouse Porch for Cowgirl Up
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Joining:
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monda
Thrifty Decor Chick for Show Us Your House
The Farmhouse Porch for Cowgirl Up
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday








25 comments:
I do, Linda, and then I wonder, "well, now, what am I going to use in there?". I have to say, though, that usually these accidental decorating incidents are some of my favorites. Probably because they just look so natural ~ like it was meant to be. Your pillows are like that in your dining room. They just fit so perfectly in here.
Sometimes I wish I had two of everything. Pieces that look good in one room can look just as good in another. I have that problem all the time!
Your pillows are gorgeous and I love the dried hydrangeas in the basket...they really have held on to their color. The candlesticks and hurricanes are also lovely!
Hope you are having a great weekend! :)
XO,
Jane
Hi darling, I adore your beautiful pillows, rich and timeless. Love the wall arrangement, thinking outside the box is so rich looking in your beautiful room. The box is fantastic.. hugs ~lynne~
Sometimes "accidental" decorating is the best! Love those pillows! Once again, your dd is a genius! A demain!...Debbie
Things always turn out better when they're not planned and your dining room looks fabulous Linda!! Daughter did good!! Love those pillows!
What a great thing that happened because I think they look great. I love the pillows and the chairs, the birdcage. I like the lantern on the stand too. Things happen for a reason.
I love the soft colors in your beautiful dining room. Everything is serene and peaceful and lovely.
Hugs,
Susan and Bentley
The accidental decorating changes are often the best.
Your dining room looks great for spring.
Mary Alice
Your dining room is beautiful. I love. The wall color and the pillows lend so well...Christine
Simply elegant. Love everything! Diane
Hi Nina...
My MIL is a Nina! So glad that I stopped by...love your blog and the pillows are beautiful..I am your newest follower..
Blessings and have a wonderful week.
shug
Everything is beautiful. I love the wall color and the old wooden box is awesome.
You and you daughter did a fabulous job.
xo
Hi Linda,
I really love your dining room and so wish I had one!
The pillows, the sideboard and cupboard, all your beautiful touches, love it!
I am so jealous of you gals who GW's have good stuff. Ours are so junky and expensive too.
Hugs,
Cindy
I love your dining room, so pretty and the pillows and pictures are just perfect in there. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty
This happens to me all the time! LOL I love your dinning room! The pillows are gorgeous!
I do, and I think well, the Lord knew better than I did... He is with us at times you know! I love the eclectic flow of the various beautiful pieces you have.... and the pencils art is amazing... What treasures !
My dining room is where I unwind myself early in the morning to be ready for another grueling day. So I see to it my dining room is a relaxing place to be in. Just like these photos. Beautiful!
real estate ph
That happens to me all the time as well. I love your toile pillows! You dining room is looks beautiful!
What a wonderful detour. That happens to me quite often too. But who knows maybe that was where it was meant to be all along.............
Lovely dining room, very fresh and inviting.
Great decorating.
Blessings, Nellie
You have been nominated for "The Versatile Blogger Award" from The Decorating Chica. This is a fun award that requires you to nominate 15 blogs that you feel are versatile. In addition, you get to list 7 fun facts about yourself. Learn more at http://decoratingchica.blogspot.com/2012/04/are-you-versatile-blogger.html
Your dining room is beautiful, Linda.
I absolutely love that pillow fabric!
Isn't accidental decorating the best? Love the pillows and your dining room looks so warm and inviting!
I love the term "accidental decorating"! Your dining room looks fabulous!
Just stopping by to say Hi..May you have the best week ever my friend..Hugs and smiles Gloria
Linda, I always like what you and your daughter do to change things up. Love the pillow fabric! Your daughter is very talented, both with design and drawing. Her black and white pieces are lovely. Love the wooden box on the side board. ~ sarah
Post a Comment