I have some random Frenchy thinks and thoughts
to show you.
Let's start with dessert (a good idea, huh?!)
Two great French tarts:
First, my daughter made this super easy Paula Dean recipe
with a "mash in" crust - delish!!!
I made this French Tart from a Barefoot Contessa recipe
"Barefoot in Paris"
Not difficult - a roll out crust - yum!
and a custard that was "vraiment délicieux"!
Now let's talk about handwriting - French handwriting
I keep hearing that "they" are talking about
eliminating cursive handwriting
from school curriculum - say it ain't so!
I just got some vintage French post cards that
were "used" - look at the lovely handwriting.
If we don't learn this art,
how will we sign a check (use debit cards)...
or write a note (use email)......
ARGH!!!!!!!
I love handwriting.....
recognizing my mother, grandmother, family, friend's sweet scrawl of my name!
Will we leave it all to stamps
like below?
Or will we leave it to fabric designers?
But where will they get their inspiration?
I hope this is just a passing dumb idea of dropping handwriting.
I thought we were supposed to teach "reading, writing, and arithmetic" in school.
Right?
Blessings,
Linda
p.s. I would have signed this, but my pen wouldn't break through the computer screen.
I'm joining:
???????
what party would I link up to?
Ranting and raving?

6 comments:
Quelles jolies tartes, Linda! Elles ont l'air délicieuses! Et quant à l'écriture cursive...ce sera vraiment dommange de la perdre! Bon weekend...Debbie
I so agree with you, when I heard this on the news I just about had a heart attack. This is really a super dumb idea if there ever was one. Who are these people anyway. Great post. Hugs, Marty
Let's be realistic now, ladies. When was the last time you wrote a letter? Whether we like it or not, this is a digital age and the majority of people are using computers. Instruction times are at a premium and using it to teach cursive writing isn't going to help today's students prepare for the demands they will be facing in the future. Plus, if schools did teach cursive some other subject would be neglected and then people would be complaining about that. Besides, even though I learned cursive writing, my writing and the writing of my peers does in no way compare to the lovely writing of the past. Does your handwriting look as lovely?
Sorry to get preachy, but I am in the teaching trenches and we have been getting hit a lot lately. Sometimes, it seems, no matter how hard we work, it isn't enough.
Lovely tarts and lovely cursive handwriting. I hate to see cursive writing become a thing of the past. How will we write a sticky note? My computer has "sticky notes" but I can't put them on the fridge. :)
Have a great Sunday,
Babs
I love all the Frenchiness! The tart looks scrumptous, too!
I heard the cursive writing news, too. My dad and his sister learned the Palmer method. They both had the most beautiful handwriting.
I remember all those handwriting exercises, way back when. I can't believe "they" believe cursive writing is no longer needed.
Your desserts look scrumptious!
Post a Comment