I saw a great little pot with a sunflower at
Pottery Barn the other day for $12.
I knew it was an easy knock-off challenge.
All I needed was 1 small clay pot - $1
I aged it with some
white, green and brown
paint left over from my grandies'
paint-by-number kit.
I pulled the bloom off a faux sunflower
(from a bunch from GW for $2)
(from a bunch from GW for $2)
that I already had and plopped
it on top.
Daughter suggested that I tie a piece
of jute around it.
I usually don't argue....she's good!
(Disregard the mess in the background and the opened pantry door!!)
I think it's cute, and can go in so many places.
They also had a red sunflower in a pot at PB.
I got one at Michael's - they were 40% off.
Wouldn't that be cute in the fall or even at Christmas?!
That's an easy project and wouldn't it be a fun gift
tucked in a basket with chocolates and some Bonne Maman Preserves
(and a loaf of French Bread....I'm missing France!)!
(and a loaf of French Bread....I'm missing France!)!
Have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
Linda
Joining:
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Southern Hospitality for Today's Thrifty Treasures
AStroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays









28 comments:
Linda, that is so cute, I love the idea. Your tray vignette is just beautiful. What a creative idea. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty
Fun project, Linda! I like the colors on the pot...it really looks aged. And the sunflower does not looks faux at all. Your kitchen looks like mine on a good day! lol!! Thanks for the idea!
XO,
Jane
I like it!
Linda I love it!! Martina
How cute, Linda! You will find a lot of places to use this one! Love the aged flower pot! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie
This looks so great! I need to do more things like this. I get so inspired by Pottery Barn too.
Thanks for sharing!
Great job!
Love sunflowers, they add such a feeling of happiness to a room!
Warmest hugs,
Sandi
well how stinkin' cute is that? And it looks pretty easy to do...thanks for sharing!
Cute idea Linda and now I am headed to the basement to find a clay pot and sunflower.:-)
Great kopy! I was, however, stunned to see the sterling flatware in the pot next to the sunflower! The mid-century INAUGURAL pattern by State House! My mother's, and now my, pattern! I've never seen it elsewhere....it think it's one of the most gorgeous patterns ever. Love your blog--read every single entry!
Hi Mom2GSDS, I love State House, from my mother, too. We both have Chantilly now, but she also gave me her State House. I have a place setting for 7 (7??), plus iced tea spoons and soup spoons. It's a treasure! Thanks for your sweet comments. Linda
I haven't been in a Pottery Barn for ages...but I think this knock-off is one anyone could do. Great job. I'm off to get some sunflowers and jute!
The green and bRown paint ages your pot perfectly and what days summer more than a sunflower? This can be used in so many places in your home.
That looks really cute! I love sunflowers. Good project.
Sherry
Looks pretty! The big twine really tops it off well!
Hi Linda! What a cute idea! So fresh and sweet! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your kind, fun comments! Don't you just LUV the French side of us??? lol! I guess now I know where to go whenever I need to write or decipher something French! :) Have a great week!
xoxo laurie
Linda, Your PB sunflower pot is so cute and versatile. Love how you showed it in different vignettes. Is that a Nell Hill's tray behind it? Great look and my kind of craft..I like the jute on it too.
Hugs,
Babs
I can't believe how easy that was, my sister just bought 8 of those for a table scape, I am NOT going to tell her! Look's great.
I adore sunflowers and this project turned out great! It looks perfect in your vignette :)
Turned out really cute! The different colored paing and jute added a lot.
so pretty in your painted pot and especially in the scroll patterned tray. Love!!
Hi Linda! Oh, this is so darling and you're just so smart! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Beautiful, creative post as always! So beautiful colours..gorgeous flowers! It is a pleasure to visit your site:)
Friend, I would love to see you on my blog:)
Love! Isn't it great when you can make it yourself instead of plopping down the outrageous money PB wants for everything?!
Jeanine
cute, i love saving money :)
Hi Nina, what a darling project, makes a huge statement in your vignette.
The iron piece you asked about on the front porch is an Armillary. I've had it for years, floats from the yard to the front porch. Hope this finds you staying cool your way. hugs ~lynne~
Great job on the sunflower pot, and I have the same black tray with a hand-painted bird on it.
HI Linda,
I like this, just my speed, seems easy, and love the look ahead to fall with the red.!
MaryJ
Post a Comment