One of my favorite blooming times
is when the hydrangeas and gardenias
put on their show.
It's hard to beat the fresh blue mopheads
and the fragrant gardenias.
We planted these bushes as little
rootings from my MIL's garden
about 30 years ago.
When my in-laws downsized, we
were able to pass along cuttings
to them, as well as to numerous friends!
I am enjoying one of the little
jar vases (with frog on top)
from Timeless Settings recommended by
Kim at Savvy Southern Style.
I sort of overpowered the jar with the hydrangeas,
but I like the way the frog holds them up,
and, can you really ever have too many hydrangeas? No, I don't think so!
The gardenias are in a French jelly jar
from Bonne Maman (a free re-cycle)
If you haven't tried that brand, I highly recommend it.
I especially love the Four Fruit flavor - outstanding!
I have been soaking and removing
the labels until I saw someone else use it "as is".
I decided I liked the Frenchy writing - how about you?
Blessings,
Linda
Joining:
A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoot Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday








31 comments:
Oh Linda, I love both of the fabulous flowers, however neither will survive the desert. Your bouquets are fabulous and they make such wonderful vignettes all by themselves. Thanks so much in advance for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty
Oh, I so want a blue hydrangea! I haven't been able to keep one alive. These photos are breathtaking!
Brenda
Hi Linda your hydrangeas look gorgeous!! I love those jars, I just saw them in Country Curtains I should of bought one! Have a great week, Martina
Hi Linda! Your hydrangeas are just gorgeous!! I have a pink one in a pot. Got two blooms last year and looks like I have only one this year! I would love to have enough to cut a lovely bouquet like yours.
You liked my little silly drawings? :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Linda, the hydrangeas are perfect in that vase. I wish I had blooming hydrangeas. I am going to purchase a couple probably. I have one on the side of the house that just happened to get tossed there when our pond was enlarged and it grew and I only get two blooms. I have three gardenias and they are doing well this year and don't you love that scent? Heavenly.
I just planted a PeeGee Hydrangea that I discovered on an East Coast trip. It almost looks like a lilac, conical in shape. I have great hopes for it =)
Linda,
Your flowers look beautiful...hydrangeas are one of my favorites...mine are not doing very good this week with all these HOT temps. Love the vase and I will share with you that I saw some at HL last week in the clearance section...get this...only $7.00. My daughter went back and got some for gifts.
Blessings,
Linda
Oh those are soooo beautiful!
Wow oh Wow Linda!
You have the most outstanding hydrangeas! Lilacs and hydrangeas are truly my favorites! I think your's may be the most beautful I have ever laid eyes on!
Thanks for sharing this,
Cindy
Gorgeous Linda! Ours are still small. Hope they are okay again this year. Love 'em.
Hi Linda, Hydrangeas are my favorite flower and can you believe they don't grow well here in Va. Yours are beautiful and I love the vase.
Fabric.com is out of the toweling but here is a link where you can find it. http://www.quilterstudio.com/tea-towels-huck-toweling.htm
Hugs,
Sherry
Your hydrangeas are gorgeous. I was thrilled that the vacation house we bought had a huge one on the property. The gardenias are especially lovely this year too. I have not tried that jelly but will now. Thanks. ♥olive
Oh I just LOVE your hydrangea! I so wish we could grow them. :) I'm down right jealous! :)
Thank you for sharing them...
Have a great week!
~Liz
Oh wow! Your hydrangeas are gorgeous, Linda and with the fragrance of gardenias, that's heavenly!..Christine
Love your flowers and I bet the fragrance is just heavenly. I've only had potted gardenias with a few blooms on them. I can hardly imagine them growing outside and making the air smell heavenly.
Cindy
Your flowers are so pretty. I especially love hydrangeas - I do have some but not the blue ones - I'm pretty sure I need to get some of those!!
I like the labels on too. Your hydrangea are just beautiful!
Beautiful, really beautiful!!
ahh, classic beauties~
What lovely hydrangeas! I love your jar/vase too!
I agree the label should stay. We are sometimes to quick to "pretty" things up aren't we.
I am seeing many hydrangea wreaths in your future. Lol.
Jeepers those are some mighty good looking flowers.
Joyce M
What beautiful hydrangas! I planted a new blue one this year...it is tiny...but so pretty. I like the label on the jar too...it adds that special something!
Yes...keep the label on the jar. The flowers are gorgeous and that label just adds to their beauty!
Too many hydrangeas? Never!
I am watching ours get ready to open. They are such impactful flowers.
Love hydrangeas! They are the perfect flower...gorgeous when they are in their glory of blues...and pinks. And then, there's the soft browns of the dried flowers...
Gardenias...I can do without. While I love the beauty of the blooms, my allergies cannot tolerate the scents.(We actually had to turn down our favorite home...when house hunting...because of the huge gardenia bushes all across the front yard...and the jasmine arbor...and the melaleuca tree-lined alley. I would never have survived here....Ah-choo!
Oh! This is such a beautiful post! I adore hydrangeas but I have never been able to grow one. They are the sweetest flower ever!!! My grandmother always had the most beautiful ones in her garden! :-)))
Oh my! Your hydrangeas are so beautiful! I also love how you've used them in that beautiful pitcher.
Beautiful flowers. I first had Bonne Maman preserves in Paris in 1985. If you like marmalade, try theirs; it's first rate.
I'm here via Confessions of a Plate Addict and Babs Upstairs Downstairs.
Your flowers are lovely, Linda! I had some of your hydrangeas growing at my other house....miss them! Probably too much sun here!...hugs...Debbie
Your Hydrangeas are magnificent... I'm SOOOO envious... hard to grow them here in the Desert... you can get potted ones and I'm always fearful of killing them, but maybe I should give it a try... they make such fabulous displays. Of coarse I don't know that I have 30 more years left to wait for them to get like that?! *he he he*
Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian
Post a Comment