Happy Mother's Day to all!
We often receive flowers on this day, so I thought
it would be a good time to show some
old stand-bys that work for me year after year.
My flea market Coke crate
is home for some ivy and mondo grass.
Creeping Jenny is a staple that is dependable and prolific at my house.
Some of it spilled out of a pot and has become my new stash.
Creeping Jenny is also filling in these window boxes of
pink, white, and purple petunias and ivy.
Red Begonias and Joseph's Coat look pretty together.
Caladiums and impatiens are dependable, too, and like the shade.
Pink lantana, white million bells and purple petunias are a good combo.
Yellow million bells in a garage sale concrete urn are one of my favs.
Ferns - ah - one of the greatest garden staples of all...
My new red geraniums and ivy (on its third year!) are trying to coexist in the same pot!
(They'll look better soon....I hope!)
Our hydrangea bushes are LOADED with buds.
They are one of my very, very favorite flowering bushes.
Most everything is recently planted and just getting established.
They'll be filling out and looking good soon.
Do you have some favorite standy-bys or "go tos" that
you always plant?
What a beautiful time of year!
Blessings, Linda
Joining:
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Southern Hospitality for Today's Thrifty Treasures
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays














26 comments:
Just beautiful, Linda! Now that I live in a sunny area, I can't use those wonderful plants too much anymore! :-( I wonder if creeping jenny will tolerate a little sun...so pretty! Happy Mother's Day...and "à demain" at last! :-)...hugs...Debbie
Every Mother' Day weekend, I go out on the Saturday and buy my plants, Linda. Mostly because it is "safe" to plant by this weekend and I take Mother's Day to enjoy myself doing that. I love creeping Jenny. I've used that in pots and it hangs down and over the sides so wonderfully. Happy Mother's Day!
Very Nice!
Your "stand-bys" are absolutely beautiful! Happy Mother's Day to you too.
Linda, I wonder if creeping Jenny is what is coming up in a wet area of our backyard. Looks just like that. I have only two buds on my hydrangea. I only had two all summer last year. I don't know what is wrong with it. We need to move it I guess. Have a wonderful day.
Beautiful, Linda!
Happy Mother's Day!
Oh your plants all look so good. So many things that I would love and just won't grow in the desert. I hope you have a very special Mother's Day. Hugs, Marty
Beautiful shade plants, Linda. I love the creeping jenny and have tons of it in the shady part of the yard. Love oak leaf hydrangea too and hostas for the shade.
Hope you have a great Mother's Day,
Babs
How Lovely!! You have a very green thumb.
Love the way your creeping jenny is growing on the ground! All of your plants look so lovely and healthy. I plant many of the same plants except I'm not familiar with Joseph's Coat. It is such a pretty lime green so I'll be looking for it.
i'm lovin that coke crate with the plants. i like to use the impatiens too because they are care-free and bloom the entire season. i really want some of the creeping jenny. your million bells are so looking sweet. i love ferns too. oh well...i love them all.
Looking good. Got out spring batch of creeping jenny and ferns yesterday. You've got me interested in Joseph's Coat.
Just beautiful plants Linda!
Hydrangeas are one of my fave and I hope mine came through our tough winter! And I so love petunias and geraniums as well.
I hope you had a lovely Mothers Day too!
Cindy
Your plants are beautiful. I wish I could find a coca cola box. . Everything looks great. Thanks for sharing. Karie
Linda your plants look beautiful!! Martina
Love your coke container with the plants in it. I have one and you've given me some new inspiration for how to use it! Hope your week is wonderful! :)
I enjoyed all you flower photos. That's a heck of a lot of creeping jenny.
Pretty! Your hydrangeas are going to be so gorgeous very soon!
Your plants look so pretty. I love the combinations you put together.
Enjoying your wonderful photos!!!
Happy to have found you to follow.... :)
Beautiful! I like the way you used the crate.
I have so many perennials now that my annuals are limited to the deck and a pot here or there. I do love ferns and use asparagus ferns in the planters on the deck. Easy with some heliotropes for color.
I'm visiting from Kim's party. Love your plants in your crate. Beautiful :)
I'm visiting from Outdoor Wednesday's group. Stand by plants....now that is what I need to do. See you next week.
Joyce M
I came over from Kim's and am glad I did. I loved seeing all your pretty flowers and containers and I am sooo on the hunt for an awesome crate of some kind..like your coke one.
I'm signing up to follow..come by to see me when you can.
xo bj
Beautiful stand by you have there...I love mixing different things in pots too...I think my azeleas and gardenias are a good stand by here...as well as autumn sage,hostas and lambs ear...oh there are so many I love...
Post a Comment