Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Feast-er

Happy Easter!

We had a wonderful family gathering and tried

some old and some new recipes:

This salad comes from the Southern Fried French blog.

The writer lives in France and gave the recipe for this salad -

butter lettuce, celery, radishes, strawberries, walnuts and camembert

with a balsamic vinegar dressing - different and delicious.

Daughter-in law tried this recipe from last month's Southern Living magazine...

potatoes, corn and avocado - yum!

She also served up a delicious lemonade tea with mint

from this month's Southern Living - loved it!

We all LOVE tomatoes with mozarella and basil

and a balsamic vinaigrette on top - DIL's specialty!
Gorgeous fresh fruit - I'm CRAZY about blackberries!
DIL used her china inherited from Grandma for the first time.

Love this pattern!

And it looks perfect on this gorgeous tablecloth!
Son grilled this chicken, which was marinated in lime, lemon, stone ground mustard, brown sugar, and oil - delish.
I can't imagine the patience involved in making these cupcakes.
Daughter made butterfly wings out of white chocolate, and then decorated the wings and the cupcakes.
She also made these adorable bunnies.



I made cream puffs (pâte à choux), but these cupcakes are so cute, that I forgot to take pictures.





Hope your Easter was joyous.

He is risen...He is risen indeed!

Blessings, Linda

I'm joining

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

16 comments:

Jojo said...

Happy Easter to you and your family. It looks like you had quite a feast!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Linda, it sounds like such a fabulous dinner, love all of the salads. The cupcakes are absolutely unreal. Wow. What a wonderful day to spend with family and such blessings. Hugs, marty

PAT said...

Looks wonderful Linda!

Happy Easter!

afternoon tea said...

What a wonderful spread! And it's all presented so beautifully.
AT

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Your Easter feaster looks soooo yummy! I love the idea of both salads and the fresh fruit. And the cupcakes...your Miss M is so smart! Happy Easter...hugs...Debbie

Sevenbeads said...

That salad with the strawberries is the prettiest I've seen. The dishes are so pretty and I'm sure they're special since they were from Grandmom.

Beverly@southernhomesweethome said...

That dinner looks wonderful.. can Thanks so much for replying. Can I get the name of the cutain pattern from you? I have to make some cutains for my BR and I wanted only toppers and yours are so much prettier than the normal .. also I have to do some for my daughters kitchen. I was going to email you and I couldn't find it. Hope your Easter was good

Beverly@southernhomesweethome said...

linda thanks soooo much!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Linda, that dinner is making me hungry. That corn salad sounds yummy. I will have to try that. The chicken looks good, too and moist. I always over cook it on the grill.
It sure would be nice if you could go to the Atlanta bloggers lunch this Saturday hosted by Rhoda of Southern Hospitality.

Andrea Tablescape said...

This is my first visit. Joining from Tabletop Tuesday and saw your lovely plates. You sure do have a talent for photographing food! Mine NEVER looks that good. Lovely post! Newest follower!
-Andrea
Tablescapex3

Babs said...

Linda, Feast is right! I love all the salads... and deviled eggs. Yum. I'm about ready to lick the screen they all look so yummy.
Hope you have a great week.
Babs

FABBY'S LIVING said...

This looks like a buffet-feast with all that wnderful food! I specially love all your salads and I will be making this, I am loving it all!! Your plates are beautiful too. Wonderful post, new follower too! Hope you come by an follow back, I'd be thrilled!
HUGS
FABBY

Designs on 47th Street said...

What a beautiful spread of good looking food and dishes! Loved seeing all of this and getting ideas. ;)

Oh, I too am CRAZY over blackberries. I don't even care if they are expensive. I buy them all the time. To me, they are the most beautiful fruit there is (well, almost!)

Donna

The Robin and Sparrow said...

I was hopping down the blogging trail and stumbled into your brunch! I'm so sorry I missed it!! When is the next one, I'm a'comin' over!
:)clare

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Wow!!! this spread looks so colorful and yummy!!From the colorful salads, to the mouth-watering grilled chicken to the cutest cupcakes.. loved it all! It honestly made me hungry!! I'm so glad I found your blog! Drop in and say hello!~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Linda, I'm obviously late arriving to this post. Your Easter meal looks delicious. I'm sure it was! ;-)
~ Sarah