There's a lot of decorating in white
going on these days,
but nature has known all along that white is a
beautiful color to wear!
In Atlanta we sighted snowflakes on Christmas Day in 1993,
but the last significant snowfall
was in 1882 - 1/3 inch!
Woohoo - we topped that this year -
a White Christmas down south!
(p.s. I told you I never got the wreaths on the second floor windows - tacky!)
This is what was left on the day after Christmas - not bad!
Now, I know all my northern blogging friends
are laughing at our excitement down south
over this trivial amount of snow.
practically a whisper of snow by the weather men,
then school is cancelled!

We love our snow.
For about a day.
that makes me want to get out of the house and go somewhere!
It's a good thing I am not an eskimo!
It's a good thing I am not an eskimo!
but I must confess that as temperatures dropped in the evening on Christmas Day,
I was anxious for my four generations of family gathered at our house
to either get home safely
or draw straws for 5 beds, a crib, a pack-and-play, and 2 sofas for the night!
and instructions to "Call me when you get there!"
We enjoyed our White Christmas,
We enjoyed our White Christmas,
and tomorrow it will be green (and brown!)
Be safe and warm, and God's blessings to you!
Linda
Joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday






17 comments:
I love your white Christmas! We actually got a few flurries yesterday in N. Florida! Snow for Christmas is wonderful!
Hi Linda! Wasn't it wonderful? Or I should say "isn't it" since hardly a flake has melted at my house! Too cold! Glad everyone got home safe and sound! Enjoy your week!...hugs...Debbie
Your snow is really lovely. We live in the mid atlantic and we haven't had any.
The snow looks beautiful. Definitely made for a beautiful White Christmas. So glad everyone got home safely. Hugs, Marty
Hi Linda! Your home is beautiful sitting in the snow! Just so beautiful!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)
I love your home!! It is so beautiful.Inside,and outside.
Kathy
how fun to have it just for a bit....we have it here for about 9 months in the north! The snow is about mid-thigh now - fun for shoveling! Enjoy your white stuff!
www.northerncottage.blogspot.com
I love that shot of your home Linda. It's beautiful!
Preciosas fotos.
Feliz año 2011.
Margot
Nina,
I love SNOW! Thank you for sharing your enthusiam over the first snow with this mid~westerner on the prairie! Still awaiting our "first snow"!Beautiful photos. . .the one of your home would make a gorgeous Christmas Card for 2011!
Fondly,
Pat
LOL! I am on Vancouver Island in Canada and we are the same about snow. We rarely get it so that when we do it's a big deal. Glad you enjoyed yours and nice to meet you!
Nina your house is so pretty covered in snow!!! Save that picture for next year's Christmas blog or Christmas card! :)
Michelle
New England Style
Your home looks beautiful in the snow! I love your wreaths!
I am so happy you had the snow for Christmas...it makes it so much more festive. But a little goes a long way and I'm happy everyone got home safely. We didn't have to go far, but the city streets were icy in spots. Glad you are back to normal! ;-D
XO,
Jane
Love the shot of your home in the snow. We are enjoying out snow too.
We don't usually get any for Christmas.
Happy for you that you all enjoyed a White Christmas!
It can be exciting for us who live in the south.
It's funny but you had as much snow as we did up here in Toronto, Canada for Christmas. We've had this small amount for weeks now and it is slowly sublimating away.
Your home is beautiful and your blog is fantastic!!!
Post a Comment