Sunday, January 10, 2010

Silver Sunday & Toile

Silver and Toile - but not in the same room! Although I think they would be wonderful together. I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday and Beth at The Gypsy Fish for Silver Sunday. Be sure to check out the wonderful makeovers and the interesting silver collections.



First - the makeover.....this bed was used by my in-laws, then my husband, then my son, and now his son. Yes, we passed it to our little 2 year old climber who did NOT want to stay in the crib! We had painted the coffee table black and posted it in July.

Lucky for us, our daughter-in-law was getting rid of her day bed, and we gladly took it. It works perfectly for our grandchildren. There's a trundle bed that pulls out. Oh, and all the bedding works for the day bed.



That's my little dress in the shadow box - very old! Hee hee hee.






And now for some silver.....I had the teapot on the left, sugar and creamer and a small round tray. At two different sales this summer I found the footed silver tray ($4) and the coffee pot on the right ($3).

At Christmas this year, my mother passed this tea set to me - it's HUGE! I just polished it and it was a BIG JOB!




This silver basket was a wedding present 40 years ago - an English biscuit basket (say that quickly!) from the 1800's.


I love our old silver baby cups. They are all old. The one with the gold inside is our daughter's.


This one is our son's, but it was an antique given at his birth.




This one was hubby's baby cup - very old!!! LOL.

Well, that's it for me today. Enjoy the makeovers and silver at Susan's and Beth's. Happy Monday. Stay warm - it's c-c-c-c-c-cold in Georgia! Linda

29 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Salut Linda! Tu sais que j'adore la chambre toute décorée en toile...jolie! Et tes trésors en argent...magnifiques! Je me demande comment on dit "trundle bed" en français....hmmmmm. Je vais le chercher! Bon weekend...:-)
Debbie

Jojo said...

Love the black toile and the silver. I tried to join the Sunday Silver but I couldn't figure out how to lift the logo. Oh well, maybe by next week. In the meantime, it's going to be fun to visit all the other silver stops.

Given this ridiculously cold weather it is so wonderful to see the flowers!
A bientot!

Anonymous said...

It is so cold here is Missouri, too. The coming week looks much better.

I adore the black and white. We have a trundle that I love for the
"Grandone". Your color scheme makes me want to change to black and white. I am afraid HD will not be happy with me if I change things again after the house tour. He still isn't over those changes LOL.

Have a wonderful week.


Charla

Sarah said...

Love the black toile and all your silver. The silver basket would be special even it weren't a wedding gift. What a treasure! I've a friend who collects silver baby cups. Sometimes she piles them into a bowl and other times she will hang them from the chandelier. What a fun collection! ~ Sarah

Surviving 4 said...

Wow - the day bed looks great and you have a WHOLE lot more space in that room now. Yea! I'm so glad our little swap worked out. (Ty LOVES his new bed, too!)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the daybed. It is perfect for the grandchildren. The toile bedding is just beautiful. Love it. Your silver is stunning. What wonderful finds and the tea set from your MIL is out of this world. Love all the detail. Beautiful. Hugs, Marty

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I love toile and this is just SO pretty!! The bedroom just fits together so beautifully!

The silver is just stunning and I know it means so much to you...what a magnificent heirloom!

Stay warm!

Lou Cinda

Joyce said...

You and Debbie have a love of the black and white. I want you to come to my tea but I do not have your email to send you the electronic invite. Please tell Debbie to email me your email today so I can send you the evite.
Joyce

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh I love the toile...it is over the top gorgeous.. I have some as well.. I'm wandering where you got your set from...love love the silver..It is so gorgeous....love the platter.. one gorgeous post...hugs ~lynne~

Kat said...

I love that day bed, it really opens up the room. And the toile bedding is gorgeous! You have some beautiful silver, that set from your MIL is stunning. And the biscuit basket, what a wonderful gift. Hope you have a great week. Kathy

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I love black toile. The day bed is beautiful. And your silver--timeless and elegant, with family history.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Linda, I love the toile on the day bed. The room looks so great with all of the black and white. (our master bedroom is black and white toile) Your silver is so pretty, and that set of your mother's is gorgeous! I love all of the baby mugs, but that one of your husband's is my fav. I know just what you mean about having trouble getting back into bogging after the holidays. Me too! I hope you'll make it for the V'tine party on the 14th. laurie

Michelle said...

So pretty. I've always loved that look, but didn't know it was called toile. I learn so much in bloggerville. :)

susan said...

Linda-I love the toile and the checks together. This room looks great and the daybed prpbably gives you more room. I love your dress in the shadow box. I have one that I would love to do that with...maybe another Monday!

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Love the toile. The silver set is beautiful...actually both sets. Love the big tray on the last one and the biscuit basket, too cute.

Lana Kim White Austin said...

I am trying not to covet your silver service--it is DIVINE!!!! And all the silver (awwww...the baby cups are so cute!) works so great w/ the toile/check/the black of the new daybed! Awesome! Hugs, Lana Austin

Martha said...

Love silver -- especially when it sparkles! I bought an almost identical basket at an Estate Sale this weekend! So it's a biscuit basket! I knew it was English!

Blondie's Journal said...

Linda~~~

The trundle bed looks gorgeous with the pretty toile fabric and I love the black bench at the end. Also love that wee little dress in the shadow box. That must be heartwarming to look at!

All of your silver is fabulous...all that family history. And I thank you because I didn't know you could mix silver pieces in a tea set, but you know, it makes sense if you find something and it is missing a piece...

Beautiful post!

xoxo
Janie

Kathysue said...

Linda, I love black and white and then put it on a toile and it is even better, your little baby dress framed is precious, what a wonderful touch in your room. Loved it! Kathysue

Angie Holden said...

Loving the toile!! And those baby cups are PRECIOUS!!!!

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Be still my heart,I'm obsessed with anything silver! What a wonderful item to be passed on and $3.00 for the coffee pot is a great price.

I love the black and white toile!!
http://domesticprincessintraining.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love it. Love your vaalnce too. And love the silver tea set. mishelle

MindyMac said...

My old room never looked so good!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Oooh silver and toile - my two favorites! Love the black and cream toile and that silver tea set your Mother gave you is just amazing!

Manuela

xinex said...

How wonderful that you have kept all those old silver cups, Linda. Your silver coffee sets are all exquisite. Love the toile room also. It's all put together so nicely...Christine

Sharlotte said...

I've always loved the black and white toile...and your room is so crisp and clean. I just love it! Your silver is neat too. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst said...

Our guest room is black and white as well, although not toile. Your room is lovely!

Bonnie said...

I love the shadow box with your baby dress and I do like black toile.

I had my silver service polished and a permanent finish applied for $40. I've had all my brass pieces done now and it is the best thing . Google brass and silver polishing in your area. I had mine done in Wetumpka, AL at Blue Ridge Brass Polishing. Highly recommend it.

GardenOfDaisies said...

OH, I Love the silver baby cups!