Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Bargain Redo

It's only 3 days after Thanksgiving and 2 days after black Friday, and we are getting ready for Christmas! I'm sharing 2 Met Mondays projects. Thanks to the ever faithful Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for hosting this event.


I'm also joining Susan (@Thoughts from over the Rainbow) and her party to Deck the Halls.
(Is it okay that my halls are outside this time?) This event will take place on Tuesdays between Dec. 1 and Jan. 5. Be sure to stop by her site.


First project - thanks to Debbie at Confessions of a Plate Addict, I have bigger blog pics - woohoo!
Second project - while thrifting with Debbie, I found a pair of topiaries that needed some love (or did she find them and reject them first??). Anyway, they had good "bones".



I sprayed them with silk plant cleaner and they looked much fresher. Then I put them in white planters that I already had, added lights, and a red bow.

Here is the fall porch with leftover ferns from the summer. Before....



After.......








By the time I finished, the sun had gone down, so I had to use the flash (that's a no-no, isn't it?

Happy Monday, and be sure to check out Susan's Met Monday post. Linda




25 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Salut Linda! Ah, que j'adore tes topiares...très élégants! Ta maison a bien l'air de Noël! Et je suis heureuse que tes photos marchent. Elles sont encore plus belles grandes comme ça! Bonne semaine!...Debbie

Blondie's Journal said...

Beautiful, Linda. Seeing those 'good bones' really paid off!! Love your new topiaries!

xoxo
Jane

Kammy said...

What a beautiful transformation ! You have a great porch and now I have Porch Envy !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh the topiaries are just gorgeous. You've done such a great job with decorating the porch for the Christmas Season, It really is lovely. Thanks, Marty

Anonymous said...

So pretty and festive. You did them up so well. Rosie.

Terry Stone said...

Love how your topiaries turned out! What a great find and good for you on recognizing the potential!! Beautiful!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Just gorgeous Linda!
I bet Debbie is wanting her rejects back now! LOL. Hey, the flash pic looks great, I think it depends on the situation! Just a Gorgeous Met. Monday! Hugs, Cindy

Marigene said...

What a beautiful entry!

MindyMac said...

Wow! Those turned out really cute! The porch looks so good!

Sherri said...

I love them! I think they made over awesome! Very pretty addition to your beautiful porch.

Unknown said...

Great job, they look really good. It pays to think out of the box. Thanks for sharing.
Sandy

Four Paws and Co said...

What a fantastic find & beautiful re-do! I need to go thrifting more often... ☺

PAT said...

Beautiful makeover, Nina!! Your porch looks gorgeous!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

your porch is gorgeous! Great job.
gail

blushing rose said...

I see lots of GORGEOUS!

Please follow/join me @ our new blog ... the old one had issues.

Hope you had a lovely holiday.
TTFN ~Marydon

Lara Harris said...

So pretty! :)

Sue said...

You worked a miracle on those, they look so pretty with the lights on them!

Sue

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

The topiaries turned out great. Your porch looks so festive and inviting.

Foley said...

You did a fantastic job on the topiaries..I'm glad you showed the 'before' photo! Gives me hope for some of the finds I run across!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

They look great! Thanks for sharing.

Miss Mustard Seed said...

The topiaries look so good! You've done a beautiful job!

The Stylish House said...

Wow, these turned out fantastic! Very nicely done.
Cathy

susan said...

Linda-Flash or not your picture and topiaries turned out great! White lights can hide lots of little imperfections on good bones (maybe I should wear them :) Thanks for linking to Deck the Halls. I think Mr. Linky and I have kissed and made up :) Hope you will "play" next Tuesday!

xinex said...

Great transformation on the topiaries, Linda! They look so good on yor front porch....Christine

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda! Oh your topiaries look wonderful. You've done a great job on these. Now your header - the mantle is beautiful!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)