Welcome to another Met Monday - hosted by Susan at
Between Naps on the Porch and Thifty Treasure - hosted by Rhoda at
Southern Hospitality. These gals have been so faithful to host these events over and over again - THANK YOU!

I've been "under the weather" recently, but am grateful to have some wonderful ideas to share from daughter's recent changes to the kids' playroom.
First - a VERY thrifty treasure - a free large wicker chest abandonned by it's owner! That'll hold a lot of toys!

Next, a re-purposed (free!) changing table. Daughter brought it up from the basement to provide shelving for toys - great idea, huh? It was just sitting in the basement all alone, feeling neglected and unneeded!


Lastly, she found this shelf at GW, painted it black and hung it.
Next - hang some letters from the shelf. Hmmmmm, what word shall we pick......oh, how about "PLAY"?!

She already had this decorative paper (scrapbooking? not sure?). Anyway, she used letters from HobLob, cut out the paper to fit, and taped the paper each letter. (I guess modge podge or some other glue factor would be next.)

Then she attached black & white polka dot ribbom (using a staple gun) to hang the letters on the peg.


Cute, huh?!

Well, that's it for today from me. cough. cough. sneeze. sneeze. Be sure to stop by
Susan's and
Rhoda's to see what great ideas and treasures they have to share. Linda
22 comments:
The wicker chest is just wonderful and the changing table is perfect to hold extra toys. I love the "play"letters. That is so cute. I hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Marty
I like free makeovers! Great use for the trunk and the changing table. The letters are just adorable! Hope you are out from under the weather and back to sunshine soon!
Free is good! :) Some great ideas.
Very cute
Salut Linda...Adorable! Il n'y a rien de meilleur que gratuit! Les lettres sont mignonnes! Bravo à ta fille! Et bon rétablissement, mon amie!!...Debbie
Yes, that is really cute! Love the letters and all the finds. Thanks for joining the party so faithfully this year. We'll have plenty to keep us busy with the holidays coming up.
Free whicker ??? that's great... love the little letter too !
Kammy
Such a cute idea! SCORE on the wicker!!
*hugs*deb
I hope you're feeling better! The letters hanging from the shelf is such a cute, cute idea! The re-purposed changing table is very clever!
Manuela
Hi Linda,
I love these bright and whimsical letters. The ribbon is the perfect finishing touch!
Cathy
I love that wicker chest, and I love the price even more! And those letters hanging from the shelf are just adorable, what a great idea. It looks easy enough that I might even be able to manage it (I am craft impaired!) Hope you feel better soon. Kathy
Love that basket! Perfect for toys!
Very cute playroom, Linda. Your daughter did a great job, she is very creative...Christine
Poor Baby, I hope you feel better soon! Love what your DIL did in the playroom, I love the letters, so bright and cheery and the wicker is so cute! Hugs, Cindy
Free things are great! I love those play letters. Great job! I'm having a giveaway this next week if you want to stop by and enter to win.
Love the free wicker chest. And the letters are so creative and fun! Thanks for sharing and hope you feel better.
The "PLAY" letters are adorable. I was thinking of using my son's changing table for storage when he doesn't need it anymore, now I know it'll look great!
Love your tranformation! Love the room color! Stop by for a visit sometime!
Michelle
Hi,
Love your new outfit! Tres chic, madame.
Thanks for visiting Normandy, I am impatiently counting down the days until we are on HHI again. Just 10 to go, we arrive Oct 9th. When will you be there?
Have fun & take lots of pix to share.
a bientot
Maggie
what an adorable play room. Love the wicker chest. Marla
Oh no - I hope you're feeling better soon! Loved the clever ideas for the play room!
Soory I'm so late to the party Linda...Loved seeing all the chanes you made for those grand babies...Your daughter did an awesome job on those letters..Thanks for shring my friend...May you have a ngreat day...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
Post a Comment