Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Musical Cloche

Welcome to Marty's Cloche Party! Marty at A Stroll Thru Life is so nice to host this event, and since I don't have a cloche, she welcomed my apothecary jar to the last party. So my jar is either welcome again or crashing this party!

Being a piano player, I have a stack of music that is well over 4 feet high. A lot of the old sheet music (not vintage, just tired and old) is sitting in my basement, so when I saw this done at the Queen of Hearts in Atlanta, I thought this would be a good use for a few pages of music!
First, I put several sheets of music through the shredder. Then I put it in the jar and tied a black gros grain bow.

Hmmmmm, kind of boring.



But then I remembered Debbie @Confessions of a Plate Addict and the cute tags with keys that she made, and I decided to give it a try. You can click over to her site here and here to see how she thought up this process.


Having no luggage tags, I made a tag by cutting the shape out of a blank index card. Then I cut a piece of music and glued it down with Elmer's glue.




Next, I tea-dyed the tag with a little of my leftover Earl Gray teabag from this morning's tea!
It really made a difference, but doesn't show up in my photo.



Then I attached a house key to the music with a treble clef (key)! Clever, huh? This was another copy job from Debbie!


Next, I attached the tag and the key, and voilà!








That's my musical cloche! Be sure to go by Marty's and you'll see lots of inspired, real cloches!

Thanks for stopping by to see my cloche "wanna be"! Linda

48 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how clever. I love, love, love it. The music shredded up is such a great touch and then the tag and key are just stunning tied to the ribbon. I really think your apothecary jar is just the greatest. I will have Mr. Linky up in about 2 hrs., so be sure to log in. I really don't want anyone to miss this. What a clever idea and one that I know others will want to see and possibly try. This was very creative. Thanks again for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Salut Linda! J'adore ta cloche musicale!! D'abord je croyais quand j'ai vu le titre qu'elle jouait de la musique...mdr!!! Et j'aime l'étiquette faite d'une feuille de musique...bonne idée!! Bon weekend et à lundi...Debbie

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

So cute! I love that idea...I have been looking for sheet music at garage sales to use for scrapbooking...but no luck. Your tag is the finishing touch!!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Now Linda I love this idea too clever my friend...and that Debbie and her tags has me looking at things I can do with them...Your jar is a beauty my friend...Hope you have a great day...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Finally have the linky think up, please go back and sign in. I so appreciate you joining the fun. Hugs, Marty

Christina said...

Oh my! I just love the musical cloche. The shape is fabulous and the addition of the sheet music are perfect. Charming!

Karen said...

Very cute! I had shredded music sheets in my spring cloche on the entry, but added stuff too it. I love it just by itself! And the tag just "makes" it. Great job!
Karen @ Some Days Are Diamonds

susan said...

I don't see this as a wannabe, but the real thing! I love the novelty of it and that it represents you and your interests!--Love that tag--very clever!

Moore Minutes said...

This is one of my favorite posts! How special is this? You made it lovely.

From the Old InkWell said...

That's just so clever!! I'm filing that idea away for future use!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Linda,
It's just a wonderful idea! I love how it turned out, the key and tag really added that vintage touch! So original~ hugs, Cindy

PAT said...

I love this idea, Linda! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

How clever you are! This looks great! I love the shredded music and your little tag just makes the cloche!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

kate said...

ohhh, so clever
thanks for the great ideas
kate

Michelle said...

Love the tag with the key. I collect interesting house keys and yours is just gorgeous!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

How fun! Love the tag!

Decor To Adore said...

Your arrangements are so pretty. I love what you have done for the cloche party! It puts a "song" in my heart.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Linda you clever girl you. I just love the way you did this one. It is just eye candy for sure. That black ribbon and the tag with the key just takes the cake. Oh my it is so elegant, and stands so tall and proud. I love it. Thanks for sharing. Please stop by and see my cloche display. I would so love to share. Country hugs, Sherry

xinex said...

Very clever and very pretty, Linda. Love it!..Christine

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I love the tag on your cloche. What a great idea. I'm going to have to try that.

Saucy said...

Simply amazing what the addition of the tag did to "finish" your jar. I love the brilliant idea of shredding sheet music - thanks for this idea, post and tutorial!

Glad to meet you at the party!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

That looks fabulous! Really great idea!

I dont have any cloche's either.

Thanks for stopping by!

Julie said...

This is just so clever!! I love it ...I an having a give a way do hope you can stop over...
xoxo
Julie

Barb said...

This is so creative and downright lovely!!

Barb :-)

Brenda Pruitt said...

You gave it a complete transformation! And I love it!
Brenda

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very Pretty!! The tag looks great.

MindyMac said...

Wow! Looks really cute! Pretty clever there mom!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Linda...

How sweet!!! What a great idea...shredding some sheet music! I love how it looks in your beautiful apothecary jar! Hmmm...just wondering, if your lift the jar lid...can you hear the notes? I love it!!! And of course, your fabulous little music tag and ornate key is just perfect! So very pretty, Linda!!! Thank you for sharing this great idea with us today! Hmmm...you got my "creative wheels a turnin'" now. You could shred different colored paper...Oooh...would be pretty!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

mah said...

So smart! The tag is great. Love it.

Blondie's Journal said...

This is such a neat idea, Linda!! I think we can all run with the tag idea!! lol! The sheet music is a lovely idea and it looks so sweet with the key and ribbon.

You know, I had a little glass vase that I wanted to put seashells in awhile ago. I thought it would look too plain alone and I didn't have any sand here in the Midwest (!!) so I did layers with shredded paper I found in an old carton I was saving. I think it looks very cool and so does yours!! :-)

Have a wonderful weekend, Linda!!

xoxo
Janie

Sue said...

Linda, you didn't crash the party- you are one of the stars! How cute to fill the apothecary jar with shredded music! Adding your own personal touch with the tag and the key took it to a whole new limit. Fantastic idea.
:-) Sue

The Stylish House said...

Linda,
I love this look you pulled together! Thank you for including the instructions.
Enjoy your weekend,
Cathy

Shirley said...

OK, that's the most clever one yet! The tag makes all the difference! Neat!

Oliva Ohlson said...

Not boring at all! Amazing how a tag can make something fabulous!

Four Paws and Co said...

Beautifully done & you're just too clever for words! ☺ Diane

Heather said...

amazing! you are so creative!!!!! (and such a good pianist too - if i do say so myself!)

xo
HH

Denise Marie said...

Love it!! maybe you'll see a musical instument or something to tuck in there during Christmas ornament sales. It is really neat...the key to your heart.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love it!!!! I do like the addition of the tag & the key.

Lady Katherine said...

A great idea, I can see the tea dyed music tag. Love the key added.

Julie said...

That is awesome; using your shredder for something fun. I hope you will join me for Made it Mondays. Mister Linky is up and ready for you to enter.

Pearl Maple said...

Artfully combined, looks fabulous the way you have put this theme together, very stylish.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comments Linda! I hope all is well with you and your family. Hugs, Cindy

Maggie said...

You did a great job with your apothecary jar, I call that one very fancy cloche. The tag & key look super together, very classy.
a bientot
Maggie @ Normandy Life

Marie said...

With your imagination, you came up with a wonderful musical cloche.

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

I love your musical cloche! So creative! It's probably one of my favorite ones I have seen.
I saw your comment about how much we have in common. Did you know my husband and his family are from Georgia? We visit there all the time. I couldn't remember if we made that connection?
I wanted to thank you for always stopping by my blog and leaving encouraging comments. I truly appreciate you praying for my mom. This is the most difficult thing I have ever endured in my life. I don't understand why it had to happen to such an amazing servant of Christ. But I do trust my God. His ways are higher than my ways...
Anyway, just wanted to say "thank you". It means the world to me.
Blessings,
Traci

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Your musical cloche is darling! Very clever and pretty!

Manuela

Barbara Jean said...

so simple and sooo cute!!

Glad i made it over here. I'm enjoying your place.

barbara jean

Janet said...

Love it and the tag just *makes* it!