Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Little of This and That

Salut, Bonjour, Hello, and welcome to Met Monday and Today's Thrifty Treasures, which are hosted by these wonderful gals - Susan at Between Naps on the Porch and Rhoda at Southern Hospitality.


Here's my metamorphosis - this lovely wine rack:

became my charming foil, plastic wrap, etc., holder in my pantry. Isn't it cute?! Nice and tall and a $3 bargain.
I found this adorable shower curtain for $2 at a garage sale and the lady threw in matching towels for free. My daughter will use this in her kids' boy/girl bathroom. It's just perfect!

Oh, and these glasses were on the "free" table, so they will go with my daughter's green collection.

Found this little S. Living gem at GW for $4......why would anyone get rid of it??? The little glass holders were still wrapped in paper - never been used!
I love topiaries - especially for $2.


I'm so excited about these books for the grandies. I got 10 (all hardback except for 3) for - drum roll, please - 10 cents each. Yes, you heard that right......a total of $1 for 10 books - and they are good ones! I totaled up the price on the back of the books and they cost well over $100 at original price! Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day is in there and I LOVE THAT BOOK!
Oh, if you saw last Monday's post on the living room re-do, I said our room was dark....well, it is, but not that dark. The flash was OFF on my camera - duh, hello! So here are a few pics WITH the flash.
Oops, sorry, I didn't notice that I forgot to fluff the pillows!

Well, that's about it for today - not much, but very useful for us. Be sure to go on by Susan's and Rhoda's and you'll find ideas and thrift galore! Happy Monday! Linda

38 comments:

squawmama said...

Wow what great deals you came across and they were really great! Loved the plastic wrap, etc holder... Great idea... Your living room is beautiful... thanks for the new pictures of it. Have a wonderful day.

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love using the wine rack for all those paper rolls. They are so hard to store, and this looks so pretty. Your thrifty finds are all just wonderful. I can't believe you found such great items and the prices are just unreal. Love them all. Hugs, Marty

MindyMac said...

I can't believe you found that Southern Living thing! i love that! Can't wait to see the shower curtain in real life!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Salut Linda! Encore une fois tu as beaucoup trouvé... mignons et très utiles! J'adore le rideau et les serviettes...parfaits! Et le truc de la Vie du Sud...joli! Tu aimes encore ton "herbe de mer"? Bonne semaine!!....Debbie

Four Paws and Co said...

You've found some awesome treasures! I'm must not look in the right places. ☺ diane

Sue said...

Geez, Everything you found was really neat! Loved that you put the necessities into the wine rack. $2 topiaries? A major bargain!!
:-) Sue

Nissa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog--that's so neat that you have the same tin! You have some great finds, I'm always on the lookout for children's books too.

PAT said...

Wonderful finds, Linda!! The shower curtain is fabulous! It and the towels will be so cute in the kiddo's bathroom.

★Carol★ said...

I saw on another blog where they used a wine rack like that to hold Pringles chip cans in the round holes! That shower curtain is adorable, and that SL basket is gorgeous! I don't know why people get rid of pretty stuff like that, but I bet you're glad they do!

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Wow, love those green glasses. Can't believe they were on the free table!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You got some great buys - especially the books.
Glenda

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Linda, you scored on that SL piece, great find! I saw one at a yardsale once & decided I didn't have room for it. Love your pretty home. Thanks for playing today.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Linda,
You really got some great deals there! Children's books can be so pricey and at .10 a piece, what a steal! Love your living room, the pics are so pretty! Cindy

From the Old InkWell said...

The wine rack you used for misc. items - That's genious!

kate said...

Wow, you got some great finds!! I too love topiaries, the metal basket is great, as well as the green glasses!!! Good for you
kate

Blue Creek Home said...

My youngest daughter's whole bedroom was designed around that circle fabric when she was younger. I loved it then and I still love it.
You found some great things.
**And copy away! Thanks for the comment.
Rhonda

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Great deals - I'm actually surprised those glasses were on the free table. Very nice

Michelle said...

Love your idea for the wine rack. Very creative. :)

Brittany said...

wow. love the southern living find!! and the children's books-so cheap!!

Angie said...

Awesome finds! I love to find children's books too for my son. You got some great ones and for only 10 cents each - crazy!

Sharlotte said...

I can't believe you found the green glasses for FREE! What a super deal!!! I'm on the lookout for a set of 6 just like them!

Blondie's Journal said...

Wonderful finds on your shopping trip, Linda! I can feel your excitement! And I love the pistures of your living room, very pretty!!

I hope to visit you again!!

xoxo
Jane

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Hi Linda....love how you repurposed that wine rack! And that topiray is great...I can't ever pass them up either.

Tammy said...

great redo and awesome finds. I found that the southern living thing - I have one is great for picnics and cookouts. I took out the little votive holders and put in some taller juice glasses and then put my silverware in there and put napkins in the bottom.

~tammy

Signing Out said...

What great finds. I love how you repurposed the wine rack.

Jane

Lady Katherine said...

great finds! I just love the wine rack turn! Its wonderful, great idea for the pantry!

susan said...

I can't ever find decent deals and you are finding things for FREE!!!!. The new use for the wine rack is very inventive. You got a great deal on the books and a classic to boot!

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Linda,
Those are some great finds! Those books were definitely a deal! I was a teacher for 6 years, and may be again soon, and books are expensive! Is there an Eric Carle book in that pile? I thought I saw one. Love the SL piece too.
Enjoy your finds!
Traci

Laura said...

I love your finds. That wine rack is a great idea for your pantry!

I may need to copy that,

Laura

phillips phamily said...

I have that SL piece, too! I got it for free at swap your junk party.

I know why someone got rid of it: I have had it in my house for 8 months and haven't used it ONCE!

Show me some inspiration for what you do with it!

Kammy said...

Wow !
Love the wrought iron pieces - why do people get rid of great stuff ??
Books were a great deal....I think I am going to keep all of my kids books for the grandkids one day !
Love your pictures with the flash-it is nice to see !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Helen Joy said...

I love the topiary!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Great use of the wine rack! Love that idea! That is a darling iron piece with the candle holders...great snag! You really found some neat things at GW! Thanks for sharing all you finds and how you are using them! :-) Susan

Nicole A. said...

Awesome deals, love the topiary and for $2, you rock! Your living room is gorgeous! Love the colors!

redsoxmom said...

Great finds! Love when there is good stuff for free! I also have the SL piece and it is so versatile! I've used it for centerpieces, to hold party supplies, and right now it is holding a rolled up towel and lotions in my bathroom. One thing--the votives actually go on the outside of the piece, but you can use them any which way you would like. I love that they can be removed depending on how you use it. Great score!
Linda

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That SL gem is cute - I don't know why anyone would get rid of it! Love the way you've repurposed that wine rack!

Manuela

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Linda, not only did you find great deals, but I love the way you've repurposed some of them. Your living room looks great with the flash on!! (That is sooo funny!) laurie

Its So Very Cheri said...

I believe this is my first time stopping by your blog. What a great re-make on the dresser. I did the DIY for the first time this week. I hope you will come for a visit to my blog at Its So Very Cheri

Cheri
its so very cheri