Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Beautiful Gift

I won a beautiful giveaway from
Deserae at Peeking Thru the Sunflowers!
Deserae has a wonderful blog and a lovely decorating style.
I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit there!

I was so thrilled to open the box and find a gorgeous Nell Hill's tray, 2 zinc pots, and a fun Oologist book box - which is really large!


I noticed that my Christmas cactus plants have tiny buds developing!
So I put them in the zinc pots.


The glare off the camera (even though the flash was off)
doesn't let the beautiful bird (painted in the center) show,
but it is really pretty!


See the buds?



This is a fun book to display, or to lay flat
and store recipes, note paper, etc., etc. inside.
Right now I just want to look at it.
It has a shabby frayed muslin fabric as a sort of cover.
Love that texture!





Ta Da!
Thank you again Deserae
for your very lovely and generous giveaway!
Don't forget to stop by and pay her a visit!


Have a wonderful Saturday.
Today is the day for the Auburn/Georgia game!
Go Dogs! War Eagle!
War Dog!
What can I say??? We are a very divided family!
I am joining Marty @A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday.

Linda : )




10 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

What a wonderful giveaway...perfect for you! And you displayed everything so beautifully in your home, Linda! It's like it was all bought with you in mind! Love it! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Kathy said...

what a great giveaway -You certainly were the perfect person to win -you truly honored her giveaway

Blondie's Journal said...

Congratulations on your win!! I love everything, especially the zinc pots. Your cactus look great in them! And I love that bakers rack!!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

XO,
Jane

Sarah said...

Congratulation! I'm happy these goodies came to you. You'll enjoy them. They already look terrific where you've placed them. We used to have a baker's rack just like yours. Didn't have a spot for it in our current home, but I always think a baker's rack is very useful.
Happy Weekend! ~ Sarah

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You lucky girl! It all looks great.

Janet said...

Congratulations Linda...I really wanted that tray!! Oh well, it's not like I *needed* it or anything and I know it will be happy at your house.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Linda, you really did get some fabulous gifts. I love your treasures. Love the tray, it is so pretty and it looks fabulous on your bakers rack. Love the little zinc pots, so pretty with the Christmas cactus. Wow, you really are going to have some blooms before long. Cute book. Everything looks just gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Congrats Linda!
What great wins and you have put them to good use already!
The zinc pots are really awesome.
And all I can say is go Badgers!!
Yipee, they won big time today!
Hugs,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Great win!! You have everything arranged so pretty!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, Linda, they all fit your baker's rack perfectly! What a great giveaway and how fitting that you have two plants to put in the zinc pots. Love the book, I just bought a couple of similar at Michaels a few weeks ago. I just have them stacked on a chest at the moment, but you could use them anywhere.