I've been wanting to tidy up the family photo wall.....lots of pics arranged sort of haphazardly, as well as many frame colors.
Soooooo, I painted them all black (picked up a few from GW to recycle).
Now I have a more cohesive look, as well as a little more structured arrangement.
I think that ideally I would have some of them matted, as well as use a variety of shapes (rather than almost all rectangle). But this is an easy, quick redo with the goal of improving it more later.

I also picked up some fabulous frames thrift shopping.....this gold one is gorgeous....

I LOVE this one, but am not sure what to do with it - it's gorgeous and I don't want to change a thing about it!
Someone got rid of this charcoal, and I rescued the frame! Beautiful!
This pic does not do it justice, but you get the picture (well, sort of).

I love to sew something for my grandies once or twice a year. These soft pinwale corduroys (literally means "cloth of the king! Guess the French kings wore corduroy, too!) were quick and easy to whip up with contrasting solid material on the bottom. My Met Monday project is the transformation of 1 1/2 yards of fabric each into a soft, comfy jumper for each grandie.
Made one of these.....

Made two of these for the twins.....

Made one of these.......
And one of these.
For the past several years, I have made matching red corduroy jumpers for all 4 girls to wear at Christmas. I love having the bodices monogrammed. I try to make one jumper wearable for 2 years.
One of our grandies shot up like a weed this year, so......

Then I added lining to the bottom.

Finally, I turned and hemmed the lining. We "bought" a couple of inches!

Oh, one question, do you have a favorite digital camera? I am not happy with my pics and am looking around. Help!
Hope you're catching up on some projects and having a wonderful Monday! Be sure to stop by Susan's for some great met Monday projects! Linda


30 comments:
Cute dresses! And the pictures look so much nicer with the black frames uniting them. Such a simple and easy fix that makes a big impact.
GM My friend...girl I love what you did with the frames...made them so up to date...and WOW!! girl you can sew...how special to make these for your grand babies...Aren't families the best to do for...Hope all is well on your side of the mountain my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
Hi Linda !
I love your sewing projects - monograming is great -do you do it yourself , if so what kind of machine do you have ??? I have a babylock I use for quilting but, would love something that monograms...I am dreaming.. I love
the jumpers you make - so stinking cute.
Love your new updated black frames and love love love those ornate ones - just great !
I have come to your rescue on the point and shoot camera...maybe you asked me before...I am sorry , I get behind. On my blog for the last Outdoor Wednesday and a spring time bunny Tablescape (around May) I bought my hubby a great point and shoot off of QVC - I am sure you can buy it other places too...anyway it was under $200 bucks and is great - it is a Fugifilm Finepix S1500- it has 10 mega pixels and is excellent for close up shots - they are clear. I have a Canon Rebel which cost me about $1200 - so I am giving a high compliment to this little Fuji - Just look around my blog in May because I reference using it as I was waiting to buy my Canon. Then on the last Outdoor Wednesday with the apples - it was pooring rain and I didn't want to lug around my huge expensive camera...so I used this little guy again and I got alot of compliments and I had to go back and see which camera I used, LOL.
Sorry to write a book for you :o)
Have a great sunday !
Kammy
Salut Linda! Quelle bonne idée de peindre tous les cadres le même couleur! Très élégant! Et j'adore les petites robes chasubles que tu as faites pour les petites!! Il ne pleut plus dans ma maison! Il semble que le toit est réparé! Comment dit-on "wooo hooo" en français? Youppi?! mdr Alors...à lundi...en fin!! :-) Debbie
All of the pictures look just fabulous in the black frames. I also really love your other two frames that you found. They are both stunning. The dresses are just gorgeous. I know the girls all love getting them. So cute. As for the camera, I have a Kodak V1073 and I just love it. It can be programed or you can just point and shoot. I has Smart Capture which means that it automatically adjusts for distance, light and focus. I never get a bad picture. Hugs, Marty
Hi Linda,
What a seemstress you are! I just love all the little jumpers, my Mom used to do that and for my sis's wedding she made six matching dresses and pinafores for 6 little girls! I did the same thing to my old frames, only I alternated black and white. Your black's looks better than mine, some of mine came out kind of gloppy looking. My camera is a Canon sx110 we bought on amazon after reading up consumer reports. It has 10x optical zoom and was under $250. We have really like it so far, I bet you get lot's of suggestions, I would check out Consumer Reports latest issue on cameras too. Hugs, Cindy
HI Linda! Oh, the little outfits for your grands are just adorable! You're very good!
Now you painting those frames all black was a perfect thing to do - they all look lovely!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)
Wow! You've been busy!! The time you invested really paid off. I like the cohesive look of the black frames. I also appreciate the skill it took to make those little jumpers. They remind me of the ones my mother used to sew for me! :)
Amy
It is all nicely done!
My mom use to make me dresses. She's also made my daughter a few! I never learned to sew..
Really like what you did with the frames. Pretty jumpers - really like the ones monogramed.
The frames look fantastic painted black! I love those jumpers, too, especially the monogrammed ones. We have a photo of our son, niece and nephew with similar matching monogrammed red jumpsuits my parents gave them...priceless!
Jane
You really spiffed up those frames! I love to sew also and enjoyed your work. :D Jewel
I like the look of the black frames --looks much better this way!
What a gift to be able to sew---those are so cute!
nannykim/spindle cottage
great job on the frames and photo arrangement. I love those little jumpers you made too.
What an improvement on the picture frames by just painting them all black. It looks so much better.
Those jumpers are just too adorable, especiall the monogramed one.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind comments about my rocking chair fall makeover.
Cute little dresses and your frames look wonderful. Great job.
Thanks for sharing.
Sandy
Your picture walls looks fabulous with the painted frames. It definitely gave them a fresh look. Ok, those dresses are darling! I love the red one!
What a difference it made just painting those frames! And those ornate frames you got are wonderful; I especially love the first gold one. Your dresses for grands are so cute, they remind me of sewing for my girls so long ago. Love the extension and monogram on the red jumper too.
You can't go wrong with either a Nikon or Canon camera. I've been looking at the Canon PowerShot SD780IS, a very good camera for the money.
You can see it here at Amazon, I like the hot pink one.
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-SD780IS-Stabilized-Deep-Red/dp/B001SER48I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1256531429&sr=8-3
Those dresses are so cute, Linda. You are so talented. Love the transformation of the picture frames too and I love the gold frames you got at Goodwill....Christine
I love the black frames. And, aren't you just the sweetest grandma to make all those dresses. Great tip on "stretching" one for an additional season.
I love what you did with the family portrait wall!! Beautiful. Just that good old can of spray paint!! The frames you found are gorgeous. I love to look for frames to play with and I always seem to find the junky, light~weight, ready to fall apart frames. The last few you showed are awesome!! And...don't do a thing with that fabulous one you showed first off!!
Love the jumpers. What a sweet grandmother you are! I am learning to sew on a machine and I jotted your name down because I am going to be asking my blogger friends a LOT of questions. This week I am on 'Threading The Beast'!!! Hopefully someday I will be making cute little jumpers for my grandkids!!! :-)
xoxo
Janie
What a great grammy you are. And talented! Love the dresses. And those frames look so better one color and united now.
Brenda
My gramma used to sew for me too...such precious memories for me. Beautiful jumpers for the grandies, I must say! I also think the black frames make your gallery look more cohesive. I've been gathering pretty frames similar to yours too! Great post :o)
peace.
Wish I could sew like that!
And the frames look fab!
Will you please do me a huge favor and vote for me today? You only have 24 hours to do it. Just go the link below. I've entered a little contest about color. Thanks! xo xo
http://contests.apartmenttherapy.com/2009/color/main/faceoff/56
Those dresses are adorable. And your frame project was an amazing difference!! It really pulled it all together and looks perfect. :)
What a great idea to paint all the frames! I'm not a very good spray painter - the last frame I attempted had runs & I gave up & bought a new one....
Loved all the jumpers! I wish I had a grand.... sniff sniff... I have a serger & a singer with all the bells & whistles!
I'm looking for a new camera too. I have a Casio Exilim & it sucks! I'll be watching to see what you decide!
☺♥☺ Diane
Hi Linda! Oh, you're going to have to show your red room sometimes. Can you believe it's already November. Hope you had a safe and fun Halloween.
Be a sweetie,
shelia :)
Love those red jumpers! And your frames look great in black. It really unifies them nicely. Loved reading all the camera advice; I too wonder if that's part of my problem.
Hi Linda! I've missed you. Hope all is well and thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Post a Comment