She replaced my red chair (formerly on the left) with the chair I slipcovered on the left. Lots of other items are re-done, re-arranged, etc. (BTW, the walls are Stonehouse by Ben. Moore...the color on the right of the pic is what it looks like - the camera did weird things to the left side of the pic.)
First, let me show you "frumpy". She was wonderful in her day, but her day has passed. I am a huge fan of needlepoint, but this had some worn, frayed areas, and the finish was dreary. It belonged to my MIL, and no one wanted it, but I knew something good could happen to it.
I had the can of black spray paint in my hand, shaken, and ready to go, when I decided to switch to Ivory. I was afraid the black stool would disappear into the floor. The fabric was left over from a French/English "franglais" pillow I showed in another blog. So....interited footstool + leftover scrap =

Isn't she cute? I will probably shabby her up, but I'm enjoying her new look and will wait on that.



I made this pillow top for the ottoman ($5 garage sale) from leftover slipcover fabric.

I like the way daughter staged the ottoman!
I finally finished the second "franglais" fabric pillow. I like the way daughter put a GW picnic basket under the bench to hold placemats.


I'm joining the following parties:
I had the can of black spray paint in my hand, shaken, and ready to go, when I decided to switch to Ivory. I was afraid the black stool would disappear into the floor. The fabric was left over from a French/English "franglais" pillow I showed in another blog. So....interited footstool + leftover scrap =

Isn't she cute? I will probably shabby her up, but I'm enjoying her new look and will wait on that.



I made this pillow top for the ottoman ($5 garage sale) from leftover slipcover fabric.

I like the way daughter staged the ottoman!
I finally finished the second "franglais" fabric pillow. I like the way daughter put a GW picnic basket under the bench to hold placemats.
OK, problem/question/dilemma....I do NOT like the color of the old, oak cabinet. However, I have two painted pieces in the room already. (Check the first pic.) What do you creative ladies out there recommend for the cabinet....get over it? paint it cream? paint it black? etc., etc.? I'd love an opinion. (In case you are wondering, the black things on the second and third shelves are our stereo equipment...they'll eventually find another place in the house.)

I'm joining the following parties:
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for Today's Thrifty Treasures
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Hope you have a wonderful week. It's soooooo HOT in Georgia! Blessings to you. Linda




36 comments:
Mmm...I'm in a get over it mood at the moment! Leave it as it is! Looks great! All that your daughter has done, looks fab too! You have raised her well! Love what you did with both footstools though, the small one and the larger wicker one! I love footstools too and yours are now fantastic!
Oh Linda I love the little frenchy foot stool...your daughter did an awesome job girl...don't you love it when the kids come to play house with you ha ha!! I pray all is well in your world my friend...stay inside with the ac and put your feet up on your new stool ha ha!! Hugs and smiles to you my friend...Gl♥ria
Hi Linda! Wow! The fabulous Miss M did a great job on your house! Love the changes! And your foot stool is simply gorgeous! I love the look of the franglais pillows on your bench, too! As for the hutch, I like it as is...maybe dark burlap inside! Hope you are having a great weekend!...hugs...Debbie
I love your room and the slipcovered chair with the fabulous wicker ottoman are fabulous together. The new cushion you made for the top is perfect. Your little footstool is just so cute. You did such a great job with it. Your daughter is so sweet to come over and play and she did a great job of rearranging things. I love it when that happens. As for the cabinet, I love it the wood color. It ties something into the table and chairs. Maybe put some linen or ticking in the back of it to lighten it up a little. Otherwise I love it. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty
Linda. your home is beautiful and I am glad I am getting to see it now. I love the stool makeover. Love that fabric. I think I would choose black for the cabinet and distress the edges and a few other places where it would naturally wear.
Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous, Linda.
Have a lovely weekend ~
TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon
love love love the fabric you used for the pillows and the footstool! I need to use it in my house! I say paint it, black and distress! Or maybe cream with a nice brown glaze, either way I am sure you will make the right decision, you house looks great! Sue
Love the makeover on the stool. So frenchy, which is the look I adore! This room looks so warm and cozy . Love the beadboard and the way you have the furniture arranged.
Everything looks amazing!!
Your little footstool looks terrific. I have one I need to work on. As for the cabinet, I say leave it as is, but perhaps paint the inside a color. Or you could use fabric on the inside. Your room looks very inviting and comfortable. ~ Sarah
Love the footstool and the fabric, your home is beautiful...I try scrapbook paper in the back of the cabinet first before I'd paint it.
Rondell
You have a beautiful home Linda! Love the makeovers.
IF I were to paint the hutch (I don't think I would though) I'd go with cream. Like the ideas about covering the back though. (You could cut some stiff card to fit snugly and cover each side with a different finish.)
Like Mother like daughter! Linda, you and your daughter did a great job of re-arranging and updating. The footstool was Brilliant!!!
Love your home and I so love that toile couch!!!
HAGD,
Cindy
What a great shake up! Everything looks wonderful, I especially love the footstool. What a great (and thrifty!) project. I really like using the basket to hold placemats. What a great idea! Kat
The footstools look great. Love the layouts of your rooms! They look beautiful.
You have such a pretty home! I love the corner cabinet the way it is, but I do understand wanting a change. Could you move that piece into another room and experiment with a cream/black piece you already have? You might like the change or you might not. I'm always moving things around my home. Sometimes there's just something that doesn't feel right in one place but is PERFECT in a new spot! Keep us posted on what you decide!
Sharlotte
i think the room looks great as is. and the stool came out so cute! the room looks nice and relaxing and inviting!
Wonderful job on the footstool. I really love it. Every thing looks so cozy and co-ordinated. Thanks for sharing.
Handy dandy a daughter like that. Looks like she is a chip of the old block. I love the little bench makeover! And those frenchy pillows are fab!
Can't advise you on the paint for the cabinets, I have a whole bunch of paint decisions to make for myself and I am stuck with those already :-)
I love the slip covered chair. As far as painting the cabinet, I'm always partial to Robin's Egg Blue.
-Rene
Love what you and your daughter accomplished on your room! Looks divine!
As for the cabinet, I very much like the wood tones as it provides a nice accent against the white wainscoting.
But that is just me!
Hi Linda! Oh, I love all the things your daughter has done! Your room is gorgeous! Love the fabric you used on your cute little stool too! I have a Singer sewing machine just like yours! It was my grandmothers!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
shelia :)
Linda, love the fabric on the pillows and on the stool! I think the lighter paint made all the difference, too. I would keep the finish on the bookcase and add some fabric or special paper to some fiberboard for the backs of the shelves. Easy change for now and for the seasons. The room is so cozy comfy!
hugs, Sue
Wow I love that stool!! Nice job!
Wow I love that stool!! Nice job!
Love the footstool, and the ottoman topper is just too cute!
Your room is so pretty, Linda. I like the idea of distressed black for the cabinet, although I like the wood, too.
I am loving that footstool. You totally transformed it. I'm on the fence about the cabinet. I would probably leave it as is, but if you HAVE to paint it I would go black. I think that would tie with some of the other black accents (leopard pillow, frenchy pillows, etc).
Your frenchy footstool and pillows are so precious. Love that old Singer sewing machine also.
your daughter did great and so did you.. I have that same sewing machine cabinet and use it as my bedside table.. Dont ya just love a piece that works great in any room..
Sonny
Nice! I have an old stool that needs a little paint love, after seeing yours, Iam motivated to work on it! Everything looks great!
Girlfriend, I love all your redos,but don't you dare paint that beautiful old cabinet!! Old oak is gorgeous and you would certaily lower the value of the piece if you paint it. Get over it and rehab something else! It adds more visual interest to the room!
Linda, that footstool looks so great! love that transformation! I think a light colored print (fabric or paper) on the inside of the cabinet would brighten it up a lot. Can't wait to see what you decide. laurie
I love the foot stool!
Really love how your footstool came out, it is so adorable. Love the bench too, everything looks very nice. As far as your cabinet, I was wondering if you could find some french looking handles and knobs,
if that might be an inexpensive and easy way to perk it up a bit, cause I think all your white things look great in the cabinet. Also, Maybe even draping some pretty white fabric over one of the lower doors might add that lil punch you need.
Everything looks great tho!!
Blessings, Nellie
What an lovely home. The little stole makeover is so cute, you'd never know it was the same piece. I'd love it if you'd link with Fabric Fun Thursday :). P.S. You took wonderful photos.
Post a Comment