Welcome to yet another wonderful Met Monday hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. I always love to see her great ideas, as well as those of other creative people....keeps me busy!AND....
For the next several Mondays, Rhoda at Southern Hospitality is going to be hosting Today's Thrifty Treasures, so I am also going to share some thrifty finds I came across recently! You'll want to head over and see what bargains she and others have come up with ercently.
First, my daughter AND daughter-in-law both made these adorable wall hangings for their children's rooms. Paint one wooden circle and one letter for each letter in the child's name. Attach the letter to the circle and tie with an adorable ribbon, and voilà!
How cute is that?!

One weekend at my house I let my eldest grandie make a treasure box that would stay at Nana/Nina's (my name is a long story - see my first blog if you're curious) house. We took one white photo box and some glass "jewels" and she TOTALLY laid out this design as a 3 year old! I was impressed! She keeps treasures in there, and of course some new things appear right before she comes to my house!

Got these little babies from The Container Store and I love them!!!! I am an organizer nut!
OK, now for some thrifting purchases. At garage/yard sales this weekend, I got this clock $2, I really like it - might paint it black, not sure. (I had passed up another one I didn't like as well for $7 and offered $2 - she didn't take it and I'm glad.)
Adorable lantern for porch - $2
Been wanting one of these 8 cup glass measuring, mixing bowls with handle - 50 cents???!!!
4 White, chunky, fluted candles - all 4 for 25 cents!
Really cool wicker ottoman - $5

It came with a pillow - yuk - so when I decide where to use it, I'll make (or not) a pillow and paint (or not) the ottoman.
I got this lovely little painting in a beautiful frame - cheap!
This LARGE beachy picture came from GW and reminds me of our annual family vacation to Hilton Head with the family and our adorable grandies. In it I see 3 of our 6 grandies with their moms off to the right watching - love it!!
This little whimsical fairy on a painted canvas is another GW treasure for $3 that is hanging in one of the grandies' rooms.
Whew! That was a wild assortment of makeovers and thrifty finds. Be sure to go by Susan's at Between Naps on the Porch and I am sure you will get some grand ideas. Then stop by Rhoda's at Southern Hospitality for some serious bargain hunting! Happy Monday!! Linda
For the next several Mondays, Rhoda at Southern Hospitality is going to be hosting Today's Thrifty Treasures, so I am also going to share some thrifty finds I came across recently! You'll want to head over and see what bargains she and others have come up with ercently.
First, my daughter AND daughter-in-law both made these adorable wall hangings for their children's rooms. Paint one wooden circle and one letter for each letter in the child's name. Attach the letter to the circle and tie with an adorable ribbon, and voilà!
How cute is that?!
One weekend at my house I let my eldest grandie make a treasure box that would stay at Nana/Nina's (my name is a long story - see my first blog if you're curious) house. We took one white photo box and some glass "jewels" and she TOTALLY laid out this design as a 3 year old! I was impressed! She keeps treasures in there, and of course some new things appear right before she comes to my house!

Now, an abrupt change....I have no "before" pic, but my dark, dreary, and TINY pantry was redone by hubby with this white shelving. 3 things that are a must (to me) in a small pantry are: 1. Turntables in every corner!
2. Little stair shelving for canned goods in order to see what's there, and
3. These fabulous little storage containers with handles for all those small things that get lost. The best part is the handle - easy to lift out whole container that houses whatever small stuff you want - granola bars, baking stuff, pudding mix, etc.

2. Little stair shelving for canned goods in order to see what's there, and
3. These fabulous little storage containers with handles for all those small things that get lost. The best part is the handle - easy to lift out whole container that houses whatever small stuff you want - granola bars, baking stuff, pudding mix, etc.
Got these little babies from The Container Store and I love them!!!! I am an organizer nut!
OK, now for some thrifting purchases. At garage/yard sales this weekend, I got this clock $2, I really like it - might paint it black, not sure. (I had passed up another one I didn't like as well for $7 and offered $2 - she didn't take it and I'm glad.)
Adorable lantern for porch - $2
Been wanting one of these 8 cup glass measuring, mixing bowls with handle - 50 cents???!!!
4 White, chunky, fluted candles - all 4 for 25 cents!
Really cool wicker ottoman - $5
It came with a pillow - yuk - so when I decide where to use it, I'll make (or not) a pillow and paint (or not) the ottoman.
I got this lovely little painting in a beautiful frame - cheap!
This LARGE beachy picture came from GW and reminds me of our annual family vacation to Hilton Head with the family and our adorable grandies. In it I see 3 of our 6 grandies with their moms off to the right watching - love it!!
This little whimsical fairy on a painted canvas is another GW treasure for $3 that is hanging in one of the grandies' rooms.
Whew! That was a wild assortment of makeovers and thrifty finds. Be sure to go by Susan's at Between Naps on the Porch and I am sure you will get some grand ideas. Then stop by Rhoda's at Southern Hospitality for some serious bargain hunting! Happy Monday!! Linda
37 comments:
Hi Linda! Man oh man! Look at all of your fun things! I love the circle letters for your grans names! That is just the cutest thing. Now I need that ottoman! I love it! Can't wait to see what you do with it. The little painting in the gold frame is just beautiful! Hope you've had a nice weekend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)
I love the letters!
You found some wonderful things. Great stuff! I don't have the same luck, most of the time.
Wow! You did pack a lot of inspiration into this post! You really made me feel compelled to go reorganize the pantry! Your finds are absolutely wonderful! All of the pictures you found are so great! laurie
I love the painted letters and the treasure box -- so sweet! Great thrifting finds, too. Your pantry looks so nice. Mine is a mess and I really need to get some containers to corral some of the small things that do tend to get lost.
Those pantry containers with the handle are great! Thanks for sharing this with me.
Joyce
Linda,
What wonderful thrifting and GW finds. I love the pic at Hilton Head and the letter's you daughter did for her kid's room is just the cutest thing. I really do love your bargains and I sure could use that ottoman. hehe, Cindy
Linda,
Those are some fantastic finds! I would love to find an ottoman just like that for one for one of our guest rooms at the lake. I am going to have to hit the yard sales next weekend. This is the very best time for those perfect items.
Thank you for sharing.
Chalra
Linda..
You hit the jackpot! Love the circles with the letters.. I'm gonna have to use that idea for my daughters room. The Gold frame is so so Beautiful as well as the beachy picture. You're gonna have to come spend the weekend at my house and organize my cupboards!! Wow I'm impressed with yours.
Thanks for sharing, Have a Great Week.
Hugs,
Debbie
I love this post... so many great ideas. I really like the letters on circles... will have to do that!
Linda,
LOL You've got a deal.. I'll have Tippy's nails resharpened and set for dig mode... just for you.
Hugs,
Debbie
All of your finds are true treasures. I love all of them. The paintings are especially nice and the one of the beach is so pretty with the soft colors. Your pantry is so well organized. I really need to do something to mine. It is just a closet, but I know I can figure out something. I could really shop in yours. Great job. Hugs, Marty
SCORE.....that's my first thought for your finds...wow what a week you had...thanks for sharing...now where are you going to put everything???
What great finds. Seeing your photos makes me long for some good exploring days-right now though, life interferes.
Have a great week,
Laura
whitespraypaint.blogspot.com
Wow, what a full post! Full of great things I mean! Such creative people in your home! And those finds are so cool!
I've painted wicker and it does wonders! Great finds, but my favorite is the little stairs for the pantry. We use them for baby food in our house. Brilliant!
What a full blog today with all your wonderful finds!! Good hunting!! Love the Molly letters
Some great deals here! LOVE that ice cream maker - and it works too!
Good for you! Thanks for sharing your finds and your ideas!
What great thrifty finds! Right up my alley.
XXDenise
Awesome finds! And that wicker stool...it exactly matches a wicker chair I got at the GW in February in Austin while visiting my mother. Guess how much? $10! Yay! Want to send me the matching stool? LOL J/K
Linda, good for you on the clock! That one looks a lot like the one I found too & I painted it for my patio area. Love all your finds, the paintings, wicker stool, all great stuff. I'm so happy that so many of you love yardsaling & thrifting as much as I do. It's so much fun!
Salut mon amie! J'adore tout ce que tu as trouvé...surtout le tabouret!! Et les noms de tes petites-filles...adorables! Et il faut te dire que tu as raison...c'était toi qui as suggeré l'idée de voler le panier de la dame!! mdr Alors, j'ai changé ce que j'ai écrit sur mon blog!! A plus tard...Debbie
Linda, You found some real treasures at your GW. I love the big measuring cup. I also love the idea of the treasure box. I think I might borrow that idea for my 3 grandchildren, how fun!!!I also am in love with the beach picture,nothing like little ones playing in the sand.Can not wait to see how you use each piece in your home. Kathysue
I have wanted the Henry Potthast painting of the beach forever!!! I can't believe you found it at Goodwill! Congratulations! The letterson the circles turned out darling! Great post and have a great week!
I love your letters. They are so cute, and I also love your pantry. I wish I had that much room in mine! You sure found some good bargains. Thanks for posting them.
fantastic finds! i cannot believe the ottoman was just $5
:)
I can't believe you got the "beachy picture" at GW!!!
Happy Monday, Marsha
You hit the jackpot on your thrifting. I too have a treasure box for my grandkids. It is full of the most stupid junk, but whenever they are here they all go straight to it. There are those junky giveaways you get at conferences and display booths, happy meal toys, temp. tattoos, etc.
I like how you organized your pantry, Linda! Very inspiring!You found such great bargains too...Christine
Please stop by my blog and my Three or More Tuesday post.... I have an award for you..... Make sure you pick up the right award... I selected it just for you! Thanks! ~ Susan
Love the thrift store finds! I always look for forward to my days off to see what treasures I can find.
Thank you so much for visiting and leaving the nice comment :0)
~Sherrie
Ha lucky you to find that Henry Potthast painting! You got a steal.
Wow, you have found some great deals. I love my 8 cup measure. 50 cents, wow. Love the ottoman and the lantern too. Love looking at all the wonderful finds everyone has found.
Wow, what lovely treasures. I really love the lantern.
Great treasures, great finds, you are a GREAT thrift goddess! Fabulous buys, and I love the name signs for the kids -- so cute!
Cass
I looooooovvvveeee that ottoman!!! I can not believe that was $5!!!! So cute!!! When you are out and about, I need some low barstools. I saw some at Target that were so cute with caned tops (like your kitchen chairs). But they are $39.99 apiece. I need 2 for the kitchen!
Wow! What fantastic finds!!
My favourite part was your pantry and in it, I love the turntable...now that is a good idea!! :O)
Great thrifty finds but I'm so in awe of your pantry! I love the container store! ☺ Diane
Post a Comment